Chapter 4: Truth of Pain (2/2)

Y/N P.O.V.       Location: Infirmary

(Liar) - So... we gonna get up?

(Y/N) - And disturb her slumber? Ruin her adorable sleeping face? Hell no.

(Liar) - Okay... so we just lie here until she wakes up?

(Y/N) - Yes.

(Liar) - Okay then.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ruby P.O.V.      Location: Team RWBY's Dorm

I wake up, exhausted by the strange red creature that had left my body. I take the time to remember what Carnage had shown me, and think. After awhile, I feel the tears running down my face. He was right. We've done nothing but torture him since he was born into the family.

Why did I do this? Why did I let him get hurt?!

We've effectively managed to destroy him without any remorse, and he just spent his childhood picking up the pieces, and moving on with his life!

Why?

Why did we do this?!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Neo P.O.V.

I wake up from my dreams to see my boyfriend's sleeping face. I notice several tendrils protruding from his back that have wrapped themselves around us both. I smile, nuzzle deeper into Y/N, and go back to sleep.

Liar, you are objectively the best wingman he could ever ask for.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

189 words. Objectively one of the shortest chapters I've ever made. I'm currently invested in some of my other stories right now, so chapters for ones like these might be a bit shorter. I hope you enjoy this chapter anyway, and have a wonderful (time of day).