Prologue Part 2: Free at Last

A/N: In this story - Even though he won't last through the rest of the prologue - Carlton Drake and Riot are not total asswipes, and were actually friends with Eddie before his passing. Drake is also a married man. Okay, enough chitchat. ON WITH THE SHOW!

A/N 2: Also sorry for such a short chapter last time around. The upcoming ones will be longer, I promise. I will employ the use of entries that you will have made during your time as a symbiote researcher.

We had been in the forest for a while before Venom retreated back into me to avoid arousing suspicion. Our minds had become conjoined and I could hear Venom in my head.

(Venom) - Well, we have escaped our captivity, and are now free to do as we please. Is there something you wish to do? A place you wish to go?

(Y/N) - I had never thought about it. Honestly-

(???) - Hey, kid. what are you doing out here? 

(Y/N) - Ah! Mister Drake, Sir! I'm sorry, I was just-

(Carlton Drake) - Speaking with Venom?

(Y/N) - H-h-how do you know about Venom?!

(Drake) - Eddie was a good friend of mine. It was a shame that Atlas soldiers had killed him just to get the symbiote. Speaking of how I knew you had Venom... well, symbiotes can detect others of their kind. Speaking of which, would you care to introduce yourself, Riot?

(Riot) - A pleasure to meet you, tiny human. And a pleasure to see you again, Venom. How long the months have been without.

(Venom) - Long has it been Riot. It's good to know Atlas has not yet been made aware of you.

(Riot) - Well, you were NEVER subtle. Neither was Edward. He was a good man though... Truly a shame that he died.

(Venom) - I only have myself to blame. If i hadn't let myself be seen, he would still be here. All I can do to honor him is to take good care of my next host, and not let him die. 

(Riot) - A good way to honor his memory.

(Y/N) - I'm sorry Venom... if only you could've gotten a better host than me...

(Venom) - Nonsense. And besides, YOU needed ME. You would not still be... the way you are otherwise.

(Y/N) - ...You're right. Thanks, Venom.

(Riot) - How touching. But back to the matter at hand...

(Drake) - Ah, right. Why are you out this late? Surely your family must be worried about you. Come on, I'll take you back.

(Y/N + Venom) - NO!

Drake and Riot, abruptly surprised, take a step back as your outburst rings out into the night, Venom beginning to cover you once again before retreating back into you.

(Drake) - Okay, what do you mean 'No'? Don't you want to see your family again?

(Y/N) - I... I...

(Riot) - The scars... There are more, aren't there.

Y/N nods his head as Drake takes another look at him and finally notices the scar just under his bangs.

(Drake) - Your family... they did this? To an unfortunate child who just wanted someone to care about him?

(Venom) - Yes. Stab wounds too, and it wasn't just that they never cared about him, he has no semblance either. Not even an aura.

(Drake) - I-i'm so sorry. I had no idea...