Part 5

"Okay; we are almost ready kiddo..." I smiled holding her on my hip and walking out of the bathroom.

"Okay, we need to go install the car seat thing," Rian added looking at Zack then me. I sighed nervously but kept a smile on the outside. Fake it till you make it.

"Alex I want fuzzy..." Char mumbled putting her head on my shoulder. I hummed a response and went to grab the grey bunny for her, as I did I thought about it. This is all this kid has, the only thing stable in her life is this bunny. She quickly grabbed fuzzy from my hand and pulled in to her chest. I could feel she was nervous, she looked at Jack across the room. He pulled faces at her and tried his best to make her smile but she didn't.

"Okay so here are the discharge papers, just sign at the bottom." The doctor smiled as we entered the room along with the social worker. I quickly signed the paperwork as Rian and Zack collect everything we had brought.

"Okay, well it was so nice meeting you Miss Charlotte.... and it's so good to see your two brought together." Smiled the doctor, I reciprocate and thanked him. Char smiled at him and then at me.

"I'll walk you guys out..." Ms. Thompson spoke, I turned and looked at the boys. They nodded to say we are all ready, I took one last look and nodded as well.

"Say bye-bye hospital..." I giggled to Charlotte, she smiled.

"Bye-bye hospital," Charlotte whispered as if she was just saying it to me. We went to the elevator and the 6 of us entered, Zack and Jack discussed plans for the rest of the day.

"I think we should go over to Lex's and just let things be," Rian suggested, I nodded.

"Yeah, we could start getting your room together." I smiled at the shy girl in my arms, she smirked me and giggled. We made our way to my car and Rian went to get the car seat out of his car, I put Char in the front passenger seat to sit and as Jack continued to try to make her laugh. Ms. Thompson helped Rian, Zack, and I put in the black and grey car seat. Then we put Charlotte into the seat and I buckled her up.

"Okay so I will be in contact with you, Alex. There are still several things that need to be done. But go home and figure life out together." The social worker smiled, I thanked her and she left.

"Okay so let's all meet back at my house." I decided the guys nodded.

"Drive safe Lex... see you in a little Charlie..." Jack smiled waving to her, and finally, he got a giggle, she then waved at Zack and Rian. They walked back to their respective cars and I closed Charlotte's door and got in the driver's seat.

"He called me Charlie!" she giggled, god that giggle. Better than music.

"Charlie, Charlie, Charlie..." I sang, turning on the radio but keeping it low. Then pulling out of the parking lot and starting home.
——————————
As we approached my— our, house I quietly took deep breaths to calm my nerves. I looked back at Char in the rearview mirror, she was looking out the window fidgeting with her fingers.

"So Char, what do you want to do for the rest of the day?" I asked filling the silence in the car.

"Uh um... I don't know Alex..." She mumbled I nodded. She seemed overwhelmed by things but I didn't want to push it.

"Alex, is this the street?" She asked as we turned onto the block.

"Yes, it is." I smiled, she smirked anxiously; then I pulled into the driveway.

"Here we are, kiddo."