Part 13

As I sat on the couch I heard a knock on the door, assuming it was Alex or Rian, I got up and answered to find an older woman standing there.

"Uh hi, can I help you?" I asked confused, she sighed.

"Hi I'm Tabitha Hopkins, uh Mary's mother. Charlotte's grandmother. I'm looking for an Alex." She explained, I looked at her very confused to say the least.

"Oh well he lives here but he had to go somewhere. I don't quite know what to do..." I confessed, she nodded. Her stance was almost attacking, like she was ready to jump at me.

"Well can I just see her? I-I've just been so worried... I haven't seen her in months." She seemed stressed and exasperated as she spoke. It's not my choice, it's not a decision to make. Alex's choice to if she's in Charlie's life or not.

"I don't think it's my place to decide that, and I just put her down for a nap. Alex should be back shortly, he'll talk to you." I responded slightly uncomfortable with the position I am in.

"Okay well I'll sit in my car and wait then..." she suggested, I nodded and she left the front porch. Almost in a huff as if she was mad. I closed the door and called Alex immediately.

"Hey man what's up?" He answered I could hear the supermarket in the background.

"Put Char down for a nap maybe 15 minutes ago and I heard a knock on the door. I thought it was you or Ri, who is coming over by the way, and it was neither." I started, Alex hummed along to what I was saying. "It is an older woman who says she Mary's mom. I said you weren't here, she asked to see Charlie and I said no. So she now waiting out in her car for you." I finished my story and I could hear Alex stop.

"What? No.. why?" He mumbled confused, similar to how I feel. I don't have answers for him, I don't have answers for myself.

"I don't know man," I sighed. He chuckled into the phone as if he knew it wasn't funny but it kinda was. We haven't been fearful of ex girlfriends moms since high school.

"Never gonna catch a break are we?" He laughed, I smirked. If it's not baby mama drama, it's grandma drama.

"I'll be back in like, 15 minutes. Don't let Char sleep for more than an hour, I don't think she'll sleep well tonight if she goes over an hour." He mentioned, changing the topic.

"Okay, will do." I agreed. Looking at the time, she'd only been down around 20 minutes already.

"See you soon man, bye." He ended, I hummed a goodbye back. I laughed to myself as I put the phone down, this time last week I wouldn't have thought life would be like this. This time last week we would be drinking till 4 am and hungover for days but now we are timing naps and making breakfast.

I got up and went into the kitchen to grab a handful of goldfish then sitting at the table. I opened twitter and started seeing what the fans were saying, lots of questions about this seemingly random child that has entered our lives. People commenting based on news reports they'd read and decided were involving Charlie, some were partially right and some were wrong. I worry about when she grows up, what will people say to her? Will the fans not like her? Will they respect Lex's choices for their privacy?

I was pulled from that thought by a knock on the door, this time I thought twice before opening the door, but I saw through the window a set of pearly whites and knew the smile.

"Hey man," Rian grinned holding a gift wrapped in yellow paper.

"Ri, we've had a day..." I chuckled as he kicked off his shoes and kicked them aside.

"Really?" He asked, I nodded.

"We had a giggle war when I showed up at 9, we had a meltdown when Alex's left, a nap, and now a woman is sitting in that car out front waiting for Lex because she's Mary's mom..." I explained, he raised his eyebrows and looked out the window to see the blue car sat across the street.

"eventful but kiddo's asleep?" He followed, I nodded again. "Got her a little present, I figured she'd want a new toy." He continued.

"Yeah I was thinking about that, we should get her some stuff. Imagine if we got a tea set and played dress up? That would be so fun," I grinned.

"That would be killer. She'd love that."

"Hey guys!" Alex called opening the front door with a couple grocery bags. He left the door open behind him, I assume for Ms. Hopkins. Rian followed him into the kitchen and started looking though the bags.

"Jay, look what I found!" Alex cheered, I turned to see him holding a 64 pack of crayons.

"Oh she's gonna love that." I nodded walked closer. We unpacked the bags, Alex had gotten a lot of fun things.

"And ice cream sandwich dude!" I laughed, Alex is a little like a child in a mans body so this whole experience is gonna be a fun. He'd also gotten stuff to make meals for both him and Charlie, which is good. Necessary.

"How do I look?" Alex asked, looking over at the two of us. Assuming he was worried about his look in Tabitha's eyes.

"You look fine!" We said in unison, he nodded.

"Do you want me to go wake up Char?" I asked, he paused and thought. She'd been asleep for an hour or so.

"Let's leave her for now, don't wanna freak her out too much." He decided, Rian and I nodded.

"I'm gonna go talk to her, probably bring her in so behave." He commented walking to the door, he took a deep breath as he walked out.

————————
Hi! Thank you for all the love on this story, I hope you like this chapter. Please give me a star thing or maybe a follow if you want, it makes me smile! Leave a comment if you want, we can chat.

What do you think of Crash Test Live? I love it.