17 Years Later

Hello, my name is Leah Taylor Voorhees. I'm 17 years old. I live in my dad's shack. I'm not allowed to go to the camp, so I maintain the house for my dad. Yes, I've killed before. I almost died due to someone running free and calling the cops! Daddy says I remind him of my mother. She died at birth.. but I'm not allowed to tell that story. From what daddy says she was beautiful! Her name was Taylor. My grandma talks to me sometimes and says I'm super special! Anyways, let's go to where I'm at now.

   I stretched out across my king sized bed as I looked at the blinds. "Today's the day!" I screamed as I jumped up. My 18th birthday, daddy said I could go with him to the camp tonight! I ran out of my room and slid down the hall as I busted into his. "Dad! Wake up!" I shook him. His eyes cracked open through his hockey mask. "Five more minutes..." he rolled over. He use to could not talk grandma says, but my mother would always teach him. "Dad! It's my birthday!" I screamed. He rolled over as his mask went up, I could tell he was smiling. "You remind me so much of your mother." He placed his hand on my cheek. I opened his closet as I pulled out another hockey mask. I keep them clean and shiny for him, as he won't allow me to see his face. "Better be out soon." I stomped into the kitchen as he slammed the door. I was sharpening his machete and cleaning it off as he walked in behind me. "Deer sausage and eggs?" He looked at me. We always find bird eggs and kill deer and other game. I nodded and smiled. As I sat down to eat, I looked up at him. "So about the camp..." I said slowly. "Absolutely not!" He slammed his fist down. "But dad you-" he cut me off. "I know what I said, we're not doing that!" He raised his voice. My eyes started tearing up. He quickly had a look of grief in his eyes as he closed them. "Leah, I just couldn't bare to lose you..." he put his head down. "Dad I'm 18 now, you can't keep me in this shack forever!" I yelled. I shoved my chair under the table and began walking towards the front door. I quickly met eyes with him. "I've been inside this house all my life!" I stomped. I shoved past him and marched outside. He grabbed my arm. "Don't touch me you psycho murderer!" I screamed.

   Jason looked at his daughter as she screamed at him. Anger pumped through him as he gripped her arm tighter. "Dad stop it! You're hurting me!" She yelled. Jason snapped out of it as he saw the finger shaped bruises already forming on his daughters arm. He shook his head and walked into the woods. Leah ran inside to her bedroom and began crying. "I'll show him." She opened up her closet and saw a leather outfit that was her mother's killing suit. "He'll see."