Chapter 1: I Care!

Just wanted to clear some things up before we get into this. Obviously I don't own Miraculous Ladybug and claim no ownership over the franchise or the characters. With that said this fanfic has a lot of plot points based on fan theories which may not be canon in the future. All the stuff in this fanfic is subject to change based on the new season 4 of Miraculous!

Alright, with all that being said enjoy the fanfic and tell me what you think of it and what other Miraculous ships you might wanna see. (I personally wanna get a MariChat story going haha).

Juleka's P.O.V
Miss Bustier was almost finished calling attendance, but I have my eyes glued to the door. Rose hadn't shown up for class yet. She is never late to class, she always talks about how a messy attendance record can lead to a messy school record or something like that. For all the years we have been friends she would get mad at me if I was even five minutes late. For her of all people to be ten minutes late, it was just so unlike her. What if she got hurt, or was kidnapped, what if she was akumatized?! I could feel my anxiety just getting worse and worse, until it all seemed to melt away as my eyes catch a glimpse of the blonde girl, covered head to toe in pink like usual, enter the class. The same girl that has pretty much become my entire life. "Good morning Miss Lavillant. Is there a reason you are ten minutes late to class?" Miss Bustier asks in her usual sweet and understanding tone, she is by far the best teacher ever. Rose looks down to the ground and sighs. "Well I, uhh . . ." Her voice trails off and she just shrugs, a guilty look on her face. "I'm sorry Miss Bustier. I have no excuse, I promise it won't happen again." Rose says remorsefully. Miss Bustier nods in acknowledgement, motioning Rose to her seat. It's super unlike Rose to show up late, but showing up late without even a reason? Lucky for Rose, Miss Bustier let her off with a warning since this was her first offense after all. She hurries up the isle and sits next to me. "Where were you?" I whisper as she sits down. She smiles softly and hands me a small piece of paper. It's a picture she took of us in her room, and I actually looked nice. "I think your photo karma is gone. Marinette must've broken it with those school pictures. You look really cute in this one." Rose whispers, I feel my cheeks stain pink as I stare down at the photo.

Rose really got this printed instead of going to class? I mean it's not that I don't like it, but why would she put a photo before school? I try to just forget about it and focus on class, but my gaze keeps drifting back to Rose. My mind clouded by the smell of strawberries from her perfume, her beautiful blue eyes and her bright blonde hair cut into an adorable pixie cut. Lately Rose has been extra sweet to me, more than usual. I'm pretty sure it has to do with me getting Akumatized, but I feel weird with all this attention on me. A loud bang fills the quiet room as smoke appears outside of the window; speaking of Akuma attacks. "Looks like another Akuma attack, class dismissed! Be sure to be safe! And read chapters eight and nine!" We all grab our books and run outside to head home, Rose grabs my hand which stops my attempt to run out of the school. "Come to my house! It's closer than going all the way home." I nod and we start running to Rose's house. I take my phone out and text Luka to let him know where I was.

Perfect, the Akuma is making its way over here anyway, I'm sure mom would want you over there. - Big Bro (Luka)

I text back in agreement and put my phone away after Luka texts back saying he loves me and to be safe. We run into Rose's house and jump onto the couch, turning on the TV. "Nadia Chamack, don't be bemused, it's just the news. Another Akumatized Parisian known as Reverser is attacking Paris! Ladybug and Chat Noir are now on the scene!" Rose sits on the edge of the couch hugging a pillow. "Ladybug and Chat Noir are so awesome! Imagine how cool it would be to be a superhero!" She squeaks excited. I smile and poke her cheek, causing her to giggle even more. "It would be hard to hide our identities from each other. You wouldn't keep that kind of secret from me would you?" I ask with a small laugh. Her smile fades and she looks at me with a serious expression. "Of course I would. So you could be safe, I would never forgive myself if anyone hurt you because of me." I stop laughing and stare at her, her response far from what I was expecting. She looks at me very concerned, I didn't think she would take it so seriously. "Hey come on, that would never happen anyway." I say to try and lighten the mood again. She puts the pillow down and turns to me grabbing my hands. "I'm serious Juleka, I don't know what I would do if I lost you." I felt like I couldn't say anything, Rose caught me completely off guard with her sudden change in attitude. I really mean that much to her? I mean I know I meant a lot to her, but that much that she would risk her life for me? I finally snap out of it and smile pulling her close and hugging her. "Thank you Rose, and don't worry. I'm never leaving you, ever." She smiles and hugs me back before nodding in agreement. "The villain has been de-Akumatized! Ladybug and Chat Noir have saved the day again!"

~*~

Today Rose was on time, she had a bright smile on her face as she sits down. "You seem to be in a good mood." Alya says as her and Marinette walk up to our desk. "Prince Ali is back in Paris! And he actually invited me to go hang out with him!" My heart sinks as Rose continues to rant about how amazing Ali is. I never liked him, I don't know why. He just gives me a bad feeling in my stomach, especially when Rose talks about him. I mean no guy can be that perfect right? What if he just likes the fact Rose adores him? He could just be playing with her emotions. "Juleka? Juleka!" I look up snapping out of my daydream. "Huh?" I ask confused as Alya, Marinette, and Rose look at me. "I asked what you thought of the latest Akuma attack." Alya says smiling, she leans in and whispers in my ear. "Could it be you're too busy daydreaming about a certain pink flower?" Alya whispers, raising her eyebrows. I could feel my face flush red as I shove her away. "No! I mean, Ladybug and Chat Noir are a good team. There's nothing really to worry about these days with Akumas." I say softly sinking back in my chair in embarrassment. "You can say that again, Ladybug is the best! She is super creative and headstrong!" Alya gushes, starting to ramble about how amazing Ladybug is and completely forgetting about her attempt to tease me. Marinette just stands behind her with this awkward smile. As if she was embarrassed or something, probably thinking about Adrien.

"Don't forget about Chat Noir, Ladybug and him are a team remember?" Nino says as him and Adrien walk up behind the girls. As usual Marinette becomes a stuttering mess once she sees Adrien. "Please! Ladybug is way better than Chat Noir!" Alya argues, Adrien just pouts and looks at her. "What's so bad about Chat Noir?" He argues, Alya laughs and pokes his chest. "Ladybug is a smart, awesome, and resourceful heroin! Meanwhile Chat Noir can just be a flirty kitty who loses focus and gets himself captured half of the time." Marinette actually managed to speak normally for once and cuts in. "That's not true at all Alya. Sure Ladybug is smart and resourceful but she would be nothing without Chat Noir. They're a team, and without him Ladybug wouldn't even be here. Remember when he saved Ladybug from time breaker? Or the time Chat Noir jumped in front of Dark Cupid to keep Ladybug from getting hit with his arrow?" Everyone just stared at Marinette in shock, Adrien most of all. That's probably because he has never seen her get so passionate, or even speak this much without stuttering for that matter. "Chat Noir may be a silly kitty but he has Ladybug's back. He is strong and loyal, and that is more than enough for him to be just as important as Ladybug." Marinette says confidently crossing her arms, earning a smirk from Alya. "Wow Marinette, I didn't know you liked Chat Noir so much~" Alya says teasingly, her look of shock turning into a devilish smile. "Maybe you have a thing for the super kitty?~" Alya teases, earning a laugh from Nino and shocked looks from both Adrien and Marinette. "What?! No-!! Of course not!! He just does a lot for Ladybug! Like just a couple weeks ago he sacrificed himself to Reflekta-!"

My thoughts started to wonder at the sound of that name, and I found myself tuning out the conversation. I hate hearing that name and remembering how many people I hurt. I don't remember exactly what I did, but I know I hurt innocent people due to my own problems. Marinette must've noticed since she cut herself off. "Sorry Juleka, I didn't mean it like that." She says with an awkward smile as she puts her hands up in defense. I fake a smile and put my hand up to silence her rambling apologies. "It's okay Marinette, I know what you meant." Miss Bustier walks in and begins to take attendance, we all take our seats as Rose continues to talk about Ali. I couldn't help but notice Alya scold Marinette at their desk, trying to be discreet about it.