Chapter 4: Eavesdrop

Pic cred to rightful owner

Ignore the mistakes plz :)

Third Person POV

Jeongguk wanted Taehyung to tak to him so bad and yet when he finally spoke to him, he has no idea what to fucking do. He grips the door handle tightly, has no idea why the red head omega is messing up his head ever since he's in his house.

Even the flutter of Taehyung's eyes does something to him. Yeah, he looks at him with such concentration.

Taehyung is standing in a baby pink sweater, clearly shows it's Seokjin's pick and he's looking at him with nervous yet hopeful eyes. Jeongguk never thought he'd ever look at him because all the time, he was like Jeongguk doesn't exist.

Bathroom! Why would he want me to come to the bathroom?

Jeongguk might be freaking out a little.

"Uhm, is--is everything okay?" Jeongguk asks and Taehyung doesn't know whether to nod yes or shake his head as no.

"I don't know how to---uh, set the warm water." Taehyung says and Jeongguk grins widely and Taehyung stares at him and then immediately looks away.

"Okay, I'll show you how to do it." Jeongguk says and maybe he shouldn't because he wants Taehyung to call him everytime he showers---

What am I thinking? That came out totally wrong. Jeongguk wants to smack himself.

Taehyung steps back as Jeongguk steps out of the room and then the red head follows him. Jeongguk's met with a whiff of Taehyung's scent as he enters the room but his whole house is surrounded by it, makes him feel like Taehyung is standing right next to him.

Hansol isn't in the room and Jeongguk sees him in the bathtub when he enters. The pup is sitting inside the bathtub, palm under the drops of water that fall and he even sticks out his tongue, giggles when the drop of water falls on his face.

Jeongguk smiles.

The two of them walk towards the tub, the pup looks at them and excitedly claps his hand, a recent habit he got.

Before Taehyung could, Jeongguk leans down to pick Hansol up and Taehyung panics, moves faster and grabs Hansol just when Jeongguk was about to hold him. The alpha steps away immediately as Taehyung brings Hansol close to himself, calms himself.

"I'm sorry." Jeongguk immediately says and Taehyung shakes his head, his eyes becoming expressionless for Jeongguk again.

Taehyung doesn't say anything as Jeongguk begins to do what he was called here for. The rushing of water fulfills the room and Jeongguk glances at Taehyung, who's hugging his pup close to his chest, eyes on the rushing water.

"You can check, it's warm enough." Jeongguk says and Taehyung hesitantly looks at him, looks away again.

"Thank you." Taehyung says, back to not looking at Jeongguk and the alpha thinks he'll have to get used to it.

And one thing he is sure about is that Taehyung would always get defensive when it comes to his son. He probably doesn't even care about himself the slightest but he knows that for him---Hansol is his everything. He didn't even let Seokjin touch Hansol at first even though he was fairly comfortable with him.

Jeongguk didn't mean any harm and Taehyung knows that but he just can't take any risks when it comes to his baby---just---not yet. It's barely a second day he's here and no doubt, all of them are so nice to him but a fear that resides inside him---makes him like this.