Chapter 19: Octave

Ignore the mistakes plz :)

Third Person POV

The news of Jeongguk marking Taehyung as his mate spread a wave of happiness in Onyx. Seokjin teared up when he saw Taehyung smiling and being so happy in Jeongguk's arms.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Namjoon utters as he rests his chin on Seokjin's shoulder and arms around his waist from behind.

"I'm so happy to see the two of them so happy. It feels like it's me who succeeded having Taehyung and Jeongguk together." Seokjin says, leaning his head to Namjoon's side.

"Well, you have a really big part in Taehyung's happiness too. You care about him so much and you love him like a little brother. You helped him alot." Namjoon says and Seokjin smiles, blinks away his tears.

"He deserves it. Taehyung and Jeongguk both deserve eachother and all the happiness in the world." Seokjin says and Namjoon pecks his cheek, agrees with him.

"Oh you two, get your asses here. The dinner's ready." Hoseok calls the two mates as the others were gathering around the dining table. Seokjin decided to have a little dinner celebration for the two new mates.

"You talk as of you're the one who prepared it." Seokjin says and Hoseok makes a funny face at him. Taehyung and Jeongguk were next to eachother, Hansol in Yunho's arms and practicing his recent habit of grabbing other's hair.

Yunho hisses in a laugh when Hansol tugs at his hair. Taehyung was sitting between Yunho and Jeongguk so when the omega sees what his son is doing, he frowns and is about to go all 'strict parent' mode but Jeongguk stops him.

"He'll start crying." Jeongguk says. "And besides, dad can take this much." Jeongguk says and Taehyung looks at him with a blank expression.

"No thank you very much." Taehyung says and gets up, untangling Hansol's hand from Yunho's hair. The pup whines but Taehyung's usual, harsh and strict call of his name makes the pup pout, looking at him with now teary eyes and this time he doesn't cry loudly, rather sobs in little puffs, hiding his face in Yunho's neck.

"Awww come on Taehyung." Hoseok pouts as he watches Yunho patting Hansol's back and Taehyung sits on his seat.

"He's allowed to be playful but this is unacceptable." Taehyung says and Jeongguk sighs, smiling at his stubborn mate and runs his hand on his thigh.

"It's okay. He'll let go of this habit. Don't worry." Jeongguk says and Taehyung takes a deep breath and smiles. He looks at Hansol, the pup still curled in Yunho's embrace. Taehyung knows he'll fall asleep now.

The atmosphere becomes cheery and everyone clink their glasses for the toast to the new mates and Taehyung being the new member of Onyx pack and the future Luna and Taehyung blushes at that.

"I swear, no matter how much shitty Lotus is, the shows and nights there can't ever be compared." They don't know how the conversation started to revolve around Lotus.

"You're right Hoseok, now I just feel bad about going there and I regret saying Lotus is one in a million." Jimin says. Taehyung smiles nervously.

"If only we knew how things were there, we could've stopped them in time. No one would've gotten hurt." Hoseok says in a small voice.

"Everything takes time to heal and I'm sure the wounds will heal soon". Yunho says and everyone know who he's telling this to. Jeongguk squeezes Taehyung's thigh as assurance and the omega keeps staring at the food.

Sensing the tense atmosphere Hoseok created, he himself tries to lighten up the mood.

"You know, once we were in Lotus and---".