The Dupain-Cheng wars

It was a warm Sunday morning and Marinette had just finished her breakfast. Adrien escorted her back to her bedroom and left a kiss on her cheek.

When Marinette opened the door, there was a note on the floor. It was an envelope with her name on it.

"Tikki? What do you think this?" asked Marinette in confusion, whilst picking up the note.
"A note," said Tikki, pointing out the obvious.

"Dear Marinette," she read aloud," You have been invited to participate in the Cheng wars. Since Queen Sabine has arisen to the throne, it is now the Dupain-Cheng wars. This happens when two of the royals want two different things. It was put off for years because of your mother's disappearance. To join in, you must meet at the throne room every night for two weeks at 7pm. You must bring two friends. Tonight, there will be a fencing competition. Bring ONE person you choose to participate in this. Good luck!"

Marinette read it again.
"Dupain-Cheng wars? This kinda sounds like fun! I can surely win this and get to go to London!" exclaimed Marinette.
"But what if you don't? You won't have a choice but to stay!" cried Tikki.
"You have a point. Let me get the person who will help me win this," said Marinette with a smirk.

At 7pm, Marinette and Adrien met Sabine and a woman of her choice.
"Marinette, meet my choice. You may know her as your friend, Kagami's, mother," smirked Sabine.

Adrien and Marinette gasped. Sure, Kagami's mother was blind, but she aced fencing.
"I have a bad feeling about this," whispered Adrien. Marinette gave her his good luck charm and kissed him on the cheek.
"You found it!" he cried.
"Yep. I have mine and you have yours. Together, nothing can beat them!" said Marinette with a wink. He put it in his pocket and picked up his fencing sword.

"On guard!" smirked Kagami's mother.

The battle began. Kagami's mum began to make Adrien back away. Marinette bit her lip in fear, anticipation and anxiety. Adrien's sword dropped and he fell to the floor.

He crawled back away from Kagami's mum's sword until he was up against a wall.
"It's over Agreste," she hissed.
"Not yet it isn't!" Marinette cried as she threw him the sword.

Adrien poked Kagami's mother and the fight was done. Marinette and Adrien had won the battle.
"You May have won the battle, but you won't win the war!" growled Sabine, as the two triumphant teens left the throne room, arms linked.

Kagami's mother patted Sabine on the back.
"I know how you feel with disobedient children. But you will win my Queen. The Queen always end up on top!"