Only they could mess up

Marinette's POV

I led half asleep and half awake in my royal chambers at half past nine in the morning. The sun glistened over the city and shined through my window and landed on my face, warning me to get up before it got brighter.

I slowly sat up and saw breakfast on my beside table. I didn't have to look at it to tell what it was. It was the smell of home. Before all of this madness. Before I became a princess.

I gazed at the deliciously looking croissant with butter on the side and a cup of fresh orange juice. It meant mum was being mum again. The feeling spread through my heart like a virus but it filled it with warmth and happiness.

I gobbled up my croissant, making sure to leave no crumbs. I took a sip from my orange juice and got up from my bed. I went into the bathroom and quickly stepped back out.

Adrien and I had separate rooms but there was a bathroom that connected them. Unfortunately for me, I could hear that Adrien was using the shower, meaning I could not enter.

Being incredibly smart, I decided to walk into the wardrobe and change instead. I chucked on a black sequin top and blue ripped jeans. I brushed my hair and let it loose. I looked in the mirror and noticed something.

My hair was past my shoulders. I had decided to let it grow after my first trip to China and lost track of how long my hair got.

I had an idea. I wanted a change in my hairstyle. I would cut it. Maybe really short, like a pixie cut or something. But I would do that after college! I'd finish college and return to Paris.

I walked back to the bathroom and put my ear against the door, trying to hear any sound of dripping water from the shower. The door suddenly opened, forcing me to fall forwards.

I looked up and my beloved boyfriend was staring right back at me with a smirk. He was waiting for that to happen!!!

He was changed!!!!!

How long was he waiting???

Why?!?!?!?!

I thought he loved me!!!!!

I'm gonna kick his butt at Ultimate Mega Strike III!!!!!

Thoughts raced through my mind as I processed what had happened.
"Alright princess?" he chuckled, grinning at me with his flirtatious cat smirk. I tried to think of a witty comeback but all I managed to say was: "Shut up!"

* * * *

I looked at my suitcases stuffed in the corner and let out a dismay of a sigh. They all looked so heavy! I grabbed two and started pulling them out of my room and carrying them into the boot of the limo.

* * * *

We arrived at the airport and we all headed to the first class waiting area. We had flight 16:35 and it was currently 15:21. So, we all decided to have lunch. With all the removal and packing and travelling, we hadn't had time to eat.

"No. One. Touches. The. Croissants," said Alya with a glare as we left our suitcases at a table. We walked over to the buffet.
"You'll have a fight to the death then," said Adrien, narrowing his eyes. They both grabbed a ladle and started placing croissants on their plates.

"How did we fall in love with such weirdos?" asked Nino, as he grabbed a plate. I shrugged my shoulders with a laugh as I grabbed a plate.

I helped myself to some noodles and sat back down at the table. Nino came and joined me. He had a plate of lasagne. About 10 minutes later, Alya and Adrien returned with an empty plate and glum faces.

"What happened?" I asked.
"The head chef came down and told us we had to share the croissants as they were meant for everyone," said Adrien sadly.

"But?" asked Nino.
"He was speaking Chinese," sighed Adrien.
"Ok? You understand Chinese though," I said, hoping they didn't mess up.
"Alya doesn't and she laughed," growled Adrien.

Alya held her breath, trying not to burst out laughing again.
"So we were forced to leave empty-handed," whined Adrien.

I offered him some of my noodles  and  the little devil ate it all. I swore then and there to never SHARE FOOD WITH ADRIEN AGRESTE.