Upon arrival part 2

Marinette's POV

The car came to a sudden stop, waking me from my slumber.
"Your highness, we're here," announced the driver.
"Thank you," I mumbled, getting my stuff. I left the car and was escorted into the palace by a bodyguard. I found my parents waiting for me in the entrance room and I ran to them in tears.

Mum grabbed hold of me and wrapped me in a warm embrace. Dad did the same.
"Tell me what's wrong," she whispered. I looked behind me and she sensed my anxiety.
"Follow me. I'll take you to your chambers," said Mum, ending the hug and grabbing hold of my hand. Dad tried to follow but she stopped him.

"This should be a mother-daughter talk, don't you agree dear?" she said sweetly.
"But!" protested Dad.
"Love you too!" called Mum as we ran to my room.

After getting in my room, she shut the door and sat down in one of the chairs. I sat down on my bed and looked at the floor sadly.
"Marinette? Please tell me what's wrong. Why did you come back?" begged my mum.
"Mum... it's Lady Butterfly. She followed me back and threatened to ruin my relationship with Adrien," I began. "I don't want to put anyone in London in danger so I'm going back to Paris. But the thing is, I promised Adrien we'd do it together but I can't let him put himself in danger so I left before he woke. And I can't return. B-because... they said I couldn't return this year... the school... or next year. I have to apply to go back in 2 years... when my friends are in their last year!"

Mum got up from her chair and hugged me. We stayed like that for a few moments before she broke the silence.
"Don't you think that by leaving Adrien you were ruining your relationship with him?" asked Mum.
"I... didn't think of that," I said sadly.
"Give him a call. I'll be in the throne room if you need me," said Mum as she left my room.

I got my phone out and pressed dial on Adrien.

After three rings, he picked up.
"This is Adrien," he said. He began to sound like... his father. I tried to speak but I couldn't find the words.
"Who is this?" he asked. He looked at my caller ID and let out a sigh.
"Did you call just to hear my voice, Princess?" he asked sternly. I let out a whimper and then cleared my throat.
"A-Adrien," I began.
"You may speak princess. I will let you do the talking," he said.
"You're beginning to sound like him," I said sadly.
"I don't understand."
"You. You're...um... beginning to sound like... him," I stammered. It was as if sudden realisation hit him with a thousand knives. He cleared his throat and let out a sigh.

"Sorry," he said sadly, beginning to sound like himself again.
"Alya told me you were researching flights to China," I said.
"But I told her not to!" he whined. I let out a small chuckle.

Don't you think by leaving Adrien you were ruining your relationship with him?

My mother's words came back to me and probably left a mark.
"I...um... damn. This is too hard for me," I said with a nervous chuckle. 
"How do you think I feel?" he asked, beginning to sound like Gabriel again.

Memories flooded back to me.

"Hawkmoth! You can't do this!" I cried.
"I can and I will. I will do anything to get my love back. A bunch of children won't stop me," growled Hawkmoth, as he called forth one of his many akumas.

Lady WiFi showed up with her phone at the ready. Followed close behind her was the Bubbler and Style Queen.

I blinked away the memory and sighed.
"Stop researching flights to China," I instructed.
"You can't tell me what to do, Princess," said Adrien sternly.
"No. I can't. That's why I'm saying to meet me in Paris instead," I said sadly. I heard a gasp and then a few tears. After a few moments, he began typing away.

"The best I can do is meet you in three days," he said through his tears.
"See you then," I said with a small smile.

I hung up the phone and went into my wardrobe. I changed into a long red dress and put my hair up in a bun. I walked to the throne room. My mother gave me a look and I nodded.

She smiled in return before I left to find Eleanor. Eleanor had returned to China with me and had vowed to follow me and protect me.

"You're really going back to Paris?" she asked. I nodded and looked in my purse. Tikki gave me a thumbs up.
"But I thought you wanted to leave here and there and move to England to go to your new school," she protested. "I didn't say anything on the way here because I thought you left something behind but you're going back to Paris!"
"Yes, and I would prefer you didn't follow me," I said with a solemn nod. She looked mortified.

"Why?" she cried.
"I am a responsible... more or less... adult now and I have some business to attend to," I explained.
"Understood our majesty," said Eleanor as she gave me a curtesy.
"That will be all," I said, dismissing her.  She bowed her head and left me to myself. I took a stroll through the palace gardens, talking to Tikki about the plans when we were to arrive.