The princess returns

"Are you sure you want to do this girl?" asked Alya sadly, as the two girls walked down the stairs.
"It's what's best for the people of London. They don't know what it's like in Paris," sighed Marinette.
"I know. But this is your future of becoming a fashion designer," cried Alya.
"I realise this. Can you do me a favour?" sighed Marinette, stopping. Alya stopped beside her and nodded.

Marinette's POV

"Keep Adrien busy. He thinks we're leaving tomorrow but I'm leaving today. When I arrive in China, Eleanor is escorting me to Paris," I explained quietly. Alya nodded and we continued downstairs.

I got in the limo and waved my best friend goodbye.
"See you in a year?" I asked.
"That apartment will be waiting," said Alya with a sad smile.
"Tell Adrien I'm in... I don't know... Uh... Texas?" I begged. Alya nodded. I handed her his plane ticket and she wrapped it into several pieces.

"Thank you," I said. The driver began driving and I waved to Alya. This was it. The start of my new life in hiding.

I could sense Lady Butterfly following me. I fell asleep on the way to the airport.

I opened my eyes and saw Lady Butterfly staring back at me.
"Where are you going, Princess?" she snapped.
"Leading you away from the people of London. Like you said, they don't know about all this magic and stuff," I explained.
"It doesn't matter. You can run, but you can't hide. As soon as I have ruined your life, I'm coming back here to claim my prize," growled Lila.
"I look forward to it m'lady," I said with a grin. She scowled at me and I woke up.

"Your highness, the private jet is going to take off soon. It's best that we escort you there now," explained the driver.
"Understood."

We grabbed my stuff and got in the private jet. The plane took off and I decided to take out my phone.

23 missed calls, 10 voicemails and 19 text messages.

I dialled voicemail and began listening.

#1

"Alya told me you're in Texas? Why on Earth would you go there into hiding? Just come back home please!"

#2

"Hey bugaboo. I tried calling you three times and you haven't answered. Why did you go to Texas? And I thought we were going together!"

#3
"Why is Alya crying? Come back home! Love you!"

#4

"THIS WAS A TRICK! You left me here! Bugaboo, we're a team! And you left me here! We were supposed to go together! How could you do this to me?"

#5

"Alya told me to call you. She just slapped me... because I called you selfish. I'm sorry m'lady. Come back home. I wanted to go with you. I wanted to be by your side, no matter where or why. I love you."

#6

"Hey girl. It's Alya. Adrien has been in tears ever since I slapped him and made him phone you. Perhaps this wasn't such a good idea? Anyway, call me when you get there."

#7

"Marinette. Please. Come back to me. I need you."

#8

"Did I do something wrong? I love you. Please don't leave me here."

#9

"Hello Ms Dupain-Cheng. We are just calling to let you know that all spots have been booked for next year. Unfortunately, you will not be attending this school next year, or this year. Please apply next year for the year after. Thank you."

#10

"About to go to school. It's not going to be the same without you m'lady."

I put my phone down on the table and hugged my knees.
"I-I... no," I whispered. A tear fell down and more continued to come.

I wasn't going to be able to fulfil my dreams. I couldn't become a fashion designer. I didn't achieve my childhood goals.

So what am I supposed to do with my life now?