xii. harry

look at us fools
we feel so cool
look at us fools
in the open wave of life

i was alone in my room, packing. summer was over, and the weather got chillier with every day that went by. i was leaving tomorrow.

putting on my backpack, i took one last look at my room. as i closed the door, i looked one last time at the window, dirty with small spots, almost like pebbles. i smiled and went downstairs.

i said goodbye to my grandparents, and kissed my grandmother once more, while she clumsily patted my cheek with tears in her eyes.

i'd already said goodbye to charlie, but there was still missing one person.

i walked in the too familiar road that led to the forest.

i found her leaning against a tree, watching the sunset.

"hey, stranger," i said and kissed her cheek.

she smiled at me in return, the same smile that i fell in love with the second i saw her dancing in a grocery shop.

she leaned into me and sighed. "you know, you remind me of the ocean," she said.

"wild, romantic, free...?" i suggested.

she looked at me and scrunched up her nose. "nah. you just make me sick," she said.

my mouth fell open before it broke into a smile. she laughed and kissed me softly.

"just kidding," she mused, but got serious. "i'm going to miss you. so much."

"i think i'll miss you more," i said.

she taught me what it means to hold something you can never hold onto. she's a free spirit, a wandering star, yet she fit in my arms like the universe made her to be here.

"i can't wait for summer to come again," she said, getting lost in the view.

i smiled, tucking a lose strand of hair behind her ear. "baby," i leaned in so that my lips brush against her ear. "you are summer."