iv. harry

we got love on the rise
i gotta give you that

"are you gonna tell me where we are going?" we had been walking for a while, and she hadn't said much, just hummed a song and smiled.

"nope," she said while pointing her flashlight at a tree. "but we are almost there."

"okay," i said. "will you tell me then how you knew where i lived?"

she laughed. "i'll tell you that so you don't think i'm a stalker. my mom and your grandma go for tea every wednesday. your gran mentioned that her grandson was coming to town this week; i put two and two together."

"fair enough," i said. "at least you'd be a pretty stalker."

"are you flirting with me, harry edward?" she said with a slight laugh in her voice.

"maybe i am, maybe i'm not."

"the world will never know," she rolled her eyes with a smile. "but, the world can wait for your answer cause we have arrived."

where we had arrived, i did not know, since the forest where we were standing looked exactly the same as it did when we first start walking.

"arrived where, exactly?" i asked.

"to the best spot to catch fireflies!" she said, and i don't know if i imagined it, but i could swore her eyes shone as brightly as the moon above us.

she handed me a jar and immediately sprinted towards the little lights in the dark. i stared at her in amazement, wondering how someone could have so much life within themselves, before following her into the dark.

-

"you have to make a wish," she whispered. "before setting them free."

we both had caught about five fireflies each, and they shone with their weak light, illuminating her beautiful face and eager expression.

"okay," i said. "together, on the count of three."

the fireflies flew into the night and twirled above us. mira watched them with the smile of a little kid.

"that was a nice adventure," i said.

"who said it was over?" she said, and this time i was sure that i hadn't imagined that wild glint in her eyes.

-

"you're kidding."

"come on, harry edward! it's summer!"

"and it's also bloody 2 am!" i said bewildered. "it's going to be freezing!"

she gave me a look and lead me closer to the lake in the middle of the forest, that, had it been in the daytime, i wouldn't have thought twice before diving in.

"tempus neminem manet," she said.

"mira raine," i said. "i have no fucking clue what you just said."

she leaned in so that her lips were closer to my ear.

"time waits for no one, harry edward,"

and that was the last thing i heard before cold water filled my senses.