viii. harry

it's a real good disguise
and we can tear it back

the next few weeks were amazing. each night, a tap on my window automatically made me smile. mira raine... there were no words to describe her. she was impetuous, daring, free, bold, and a little too fucking fearless.

she was like the feeling you got on the top of a rollercoaster, when you feel like stars are exploding inside of you. or when you were little and your mom bought you you're favorite ice cream flavor, just because.

with every tap, every adventure, every smile, kiss, or philosophy exchanged, i could feel myself falling. and i could only hope she would catch on.

-

it happened on a tuesday night. it was slightly colder than usual, but i didn't think much of it. as usual, i was waiting the tap that would take me on another unforgettable adventure.

except, this time, the tap didn't come. i waited ten minutes. fifteen. half an hour. an hour an a half. after two hours, i could take it anymore.

-

"harry?" said a surprised charlie. "what's up, man? it's pretty late."

"i... i just..." deep breath. "have you seen mira raine?"

charlie's shoulders slumped and he gave me a pitying look. "harry..."

"i know, i know, okay?" i said exasperated, rubbing my face in frustration. "i know you say she's not right for me, okay? but i need to find her, dude, i..." another sigh. i tried to calm down, but i had a feeling. a really bad feeling. "i think i love her."

charlie looked at me. i could tell there was a lot of things he wanted to say. hesitating, he said, "you know her better than i do."

-

i was running, again. i was almost out of breath, but i didn't care. after a few months, i knew this forest like the back of my hand. i had to find her. i had to tell her.

"mira!" i shouted. "mira raine!"

i looked around, running both hands through my already messy hair.

"harry?"

there she was. in a huge sweater, with red eyes and a surprised expression on her face.

the girl i fell in love with.