vi. harry

life has got a new vibration
life is like an open wave

tap.

i should have known.

-

"so what's today's adventure?" i asked as we walked side by side, our hands brushing occasionally.

"bored already, harry?" she said smiling.

"with you, never," i replied, and it was true. i don't know what it is; i barely even know this girl, but i felt a connection towards her that i have never felt before.

"there's no adventure planned for today," she said. "let's just see where the night takes us."

"i like the sound of that."

-

we were walking towards the spot in the forest were we caught fireflies when the first drops fell on my head.

looking up, we saw the great gray clouds covering the sky above us.

"oh no!" she said, looking like a disappointed child. "it's gonna start pouring in seconds."

as if by magic, rain started to fall on us and she pulled me under a tree we're we could remain dry.

but being with her gave me a thrill i couldn't ignore, so i ran into the middle of the street and laughed as the water soaked through me.

"what are you doing, harry edward!?" she asked in shock.

"dance with me!" i replied.

"harry!" she said and bit her lip as if to fight back a smile.

"oh, you'll throw me into a freezing lake but you won't dance with me under the rain? that's a bit unfair, don't you think?"

her beautiful face finally broke into a smile as she ran towards me. i caught her in my arms and we both laughed. because it was summer, and it was raining, and she was the most gorgeous creature i've ever seen.

with my arms around her waist and hers behind my neck, we danced and laughed and tried to catch drops of water into our tongues.

and right then, right there, i kissed her.

because we were soaking wet, and we danced horribly, and we were falling in love, and what else was there to do?

-

it stopped raining and we ended up lying in our backs in the middle of the wet street, simply watching the stars.

"i love the stars," i said while gently grazing my hand against her arm. "i feel like it really gives you perspective of how huge the universe is; and how the birds keep singing, stars keep shining, and people keep falling in love. it blows my mind."

"there's a word for that," she said softly, breaking the silence that engulfed us momentarily. "sabaism. it's the worship of the stars, the moon, the sun, and the universe in general."

i leaned closer and pressed our lips together. she said nothing, but watched with the tiniest of smiles the dance of the stars.

and looking at her i thought to myself,

i may have found my own star to worship.