v. mira raine

see the summer on the rise
we'll wear out best disguise

harry edward was certainly fun. i'll give him that. even if he most definitely wanted to kill me after throwing him in with me into the ice cold lake. but after seeing his eyes almost greener than the tree surrounding us shine with a longing of adventure to rival my own, i can confidently say i'd do it again.

there was something about him that completely intrigued me. he didn't treat me like others did, either as a naive, daydreaming girl or as a complete hurricane that destroyed everything she touched. and while i didn't know which version i really was, harry didn't seem to care.

he treated me like i was a precious book or a unique art piece. like he was trying to figure me out and read all my words and acknowledge all my colors. like he didn't want to leave a single thing in the ocean of my mind untouched.

but i'm afraid. i'm afraid i can turn one of the most beautiful things in earth into a wild beast that will tear apart my heart. i'm afraid that the price of pure joy will be a type of pain i can't handle. i'm afraid of getting hurt, i'm afraid of hurting people. i'm afraid that harry is another wish that will never come true.

there are times when i sit alone under the stars and think of all the galaxies inside my heart and truly wonder if anyone will ever want to make sense of everything that i am.

and maybe, just maybe, i've found the person whose galaxies i want to discover.

-

i ran as fast as i could in the dimly lit streets, using my flashlight to light my way through the dark. i reached his house and looked up. his lights were still on. i grabbed a pebble on the floor and threw it at his window.

tap.

the smile on his face told me he didn't expect less of me.

"hey there, mira raine."