Fighting Isn't Worth it.

"Hello Shadow"

  The mans voice said. He turned around only to reveal a man with a beard and shaggy hair. "Who are you? How do you know my... Detective name." You questioned as Adrian stepped in front of you putting an arm out to guard you in a protective manner. "You know just as well as I that the only way that I know this is-" you abruptly cut him off, "you are Mr. unknown!" You looked dead into his eyes and continued with a threatening tone, "What do you want?" You stepped up a little only to meet Adrian's arm to which he said, "Calm down, Y/N." You looked up into his phosphorescent chartreuse eyes, your e/c ones meeting his. You calmed down and looked back at the man. "Why I only want to take away everything you love. First your parents now the characters you love so dearly. But let me ask you this, do you think you know everything about your parents lives? " Your face contorted into one of confusion. "W-what? Of course I know what h-happened in my parents lives." You stammered. "Ah but I don't believe you do. Would you like to know that of which they never told you?" He said looking at your confused face, you became more angered at this mans games, "And what might you know that I don't?" you questioned. "Why I believe you know. You noticed something off in my voice right after your parents died. Shadow your parents 'business' trips were to really manage the Shinigami  Death Crew. Your father was the leader and yet you never knew what happened with in your own fam-" You cut him off once more out of anger, "NO! Your lying! None of this is true!" You could not give into his mind games. But deep down something pulled and tugged, knowing what this man spoke was true. Adrian bent down in front of your face, "Dearie please do calm down. It may be true but don't let him play with your emotions." You looked into his calming green eyes. "Yes your right I'm sorry Adrian." He stood back up but a bit more in front of you this time. "Now Adrian don't you have something to tell her? Something maybe about where sh-" Adrian silencing him so he could say no more, "We do not speak of that. Not yet.". "Very well." The man smirked and turned around, "You never told us your real name!" He didn't turn around but instead pulled something out of his coat pocket. "Ethan, Ethan Trentham." You had never heard of the name before but looked up to see Adrian unfazed by this. Though you saw recognition in his eyes that did not go unnoticed by you. But without seconds notice the man known as Ethan spun around swinging his arm in a slashing motion right at you. Adrian pulled you away as you then unsheathed your katana while Adrian grabbed a dagger hidden in his coat pocket. You went to go lunge toward the man but had to dodge the oncoming attacks that were quickly delivered. Once it slashed your arm and you caught a glimpse of the weapon you immediately knew it was a shank. You then quickly changed stance and slashed at him, quickly backing him up trying to get him to Adrian who was now fighting two other guys that were instructed to take care if Adrian as soon as Ethan struck. You knocked him down and held your katana to his neck threatening to slice at any given point in time. Tears were streaming down your face and you could only brig yourself to stare at him but the next words to come out of his mouth enraged you, "Thats right your nothing but a coward. Just like your mother and father." You then heard Adrian's voice come from behind you, "Don't give into it! He's trying to enrage you. Fighting isn't worth it!" His voice called out so you turned around dividing your attention to Adrian who fought now with a fire poker. You turned back to finish the fight but Ethan was gone. He had escaped and mostly likely would strike again. You ran over to Adrian and helped him. One of the people dressed in all black followed you with his sword, slashing at you attempting to make deep cuts. As soon as one touched the burning sensation took over your whole left arm. It was almost an itchy type of pain but non the less you blocked the next swing that was aimed for your chest. You then used so much of your built up anger and force that you swung and chopped the other mans sword in half (Fun Fact: This is actually possible!). You all heard the metal hit the floor as the half of the blade falls. The man looks up into you e/c eyes with complete shock and terror. "Please spare us! We wi-" You cut the man short of his sentence just so he could save his breath and talk no longer. After Adrian defeated the last man you crouched low to the ground, (Like in the chapter picture) and sheathed your sword. You looked out off the terrace and to the beautiful trees that swayed as the breezed danced. You could not believe it  all, all in one night you felt like you truly lost everything.

A/N:

The new chapter should be coming out tomorrow (The special chapter.) So the winner is Adrian! Thank you to the one person who voted!

deriku

 Sincerely, Author! <3 <3