2. team sexy

More than a week had passed since the eventful night in which I locked lips with Quinn Fabray

"Hi." Quinn greeted as she leaned against the locker next to mine. "The Celibacy Club is looking for new members, and I was wondering if you'd want to join?"

I closed my locker. "Sorry, Quinn, I'm more for team sexy."

She looked down at her feet for a brief moment. "Oh, I just thought it'd be nice to have someone that didn't annoy me there."

"Are you talking about Rachel?" I asked.

She nodded. "I seriously don't know how you do it. You must be an actual angel to put up with her." A hint of color appeared in her cheeks.

"It's not always easy." I replied, shutting my locker and walking away.

"Madison," She said as she caught up to me. "I wanted to, uhm, ask if you'd help me campaign for prom queen." She fiddled with her fingers nervously. "I mean, I've seen your photos, and they're amazing. I was thinking we could do a photoshoot?"

I bit my lip, not knowing how to respond. The only way I could get over my stupid crush was by avoiding her. "I- I've been kind of busy lately, but I'll let you know."

...

Rachel sat down next to me in our Literature class. "Tell Quinn you'll take her photos." Rachel insisted for the tenth time.

"Why are you being so pushy about this? I mean, I know it's in your nature, but still."

"Because I need to know if her and Finn are a thing again." She replied.

"Oh, my god." I groaned. "Just ask him yourself."

"No, I don't want to seem clingy." Rachel stated, making me laugh. "What?"

"Nothing." I replied, trying not to laugh."

"Madison Castillo, tell me." She insisted.

"No."

Rachel tugged on my arm. "Come on."

I rolled my eyes. "You're clingy." I admitted.

"Excuse me?" She asked. She stayed silent for a moment. "I'll prove to you that I'm not clingy. This whole week I'll spend as little time as possible with you."

"Deal." I said.

"Ha!" She smirked. "Now, you'll have nothing better to do than to help Quinn."

"You manipulative-" I began. "I have plenty of other friends, Rachel."  I grabbed my notebook and folder and moved to sit next to Mercedes.

...

I sat across from Puck and Lauren in the library. They didn't even seem to take notice that I was there. All their attention was consumed by the laptop.