3. original songs for the win

We all sat in the choir room thinking of ideas for Regionals

We all sat in the choir room thinking of ideas for Regionals. "So, what are we gonna do now?" Mercedes asked.

"I think...we should write original songs for Regionals." Rachel suggested.

I pointed at my best friend. "That's actually not a bad idea."

"All those in favor of voting Rachel down a second time?" Santana said, raising her hand.

"No, I think Rachel's right." Quinn disagreed, making me cross my arms. "This team works best when we push ourselves and do something a little different."

"Well, that's true but if all the other teams are doing amazing songs. We're not gonna be so good." Mercedes said.

"I'm with Quinn and Rachel. I mean, if these two can agree on something it's probably an idea worth considering." Finn stated.

"W-wait, wait. So, suddenly you two are writing the music for Regionals?" Santana questioned. "No way. I think that everyone should get a chance to write a song."

"Santana's right, we can do this." Sam added.

"What do you think, Mr. Schue?" Mercedes asked.

"I think we're doing original songs for Regionals." Mr. Schue replied, making everyone clap.

...

I was on my way to meet Tina in the library. "We need to get elected for Prom King and Queen. It's the ultimate status symbol. So, after Regionals, we'll go public with our relationship and start the campaign." I overheard Quinn say, making me stop. Quinn and Finn back together? I felt my chest begin to feel heavy. And now, I was more mad than ever. I was convinced her trying to kiss me was just a joke.

"I'm such an idiot." I mumbled. I pushed past the two and continued down the hall.

...

I sat at the table as my mom cooked dinner. I sighed heavily, making my mom look over at me. "Everything okay, mija?" She asked.

"I'm okay." I lied. "I just have a lot of homework."

She nodded her head. "Your father and I got tickets to go see your show choir competition." My mom said excitedly. I responded by giving her a small smile.

Suddenly, the door bell rang. I stood up from the table and headed to the front door. When I swung the door open, Rachel pushed past me and into my house.