Part 5 "I saw you in heaven"

BETH:  I hope so! I can deal with that!

Kelly laughed

KELLY: Let's go home!

Beth's phone rang, it was Shaylynn. 

BETH:  Hello! (annoyed)

SHAYLYNN:  What's wrong?

BETH:  A fuckin' asshole just drove through a puddle and soaked me and Kelly!

Beth could hear Shaylynn try to cover up her muffled laugh

BETH: I know you're laughing

SHAYLYNN:   Well, you wet little duck, I was calling to tell you how things went but I can do it another time

BETH:  No! You tell me now!  How did it go?

Kelly got closer to Beth so he could hear the conversation

SHAYLYNN:  Langdon and Logan didn't cry.  Both of them realized it was me like Rosie did, by my perfume.  Now Jacquelyn was a different story!

BETH: How did she handle it?

SHAYLYNN: Not well.  She yelled at me that i wasn't her mommy

BETH: Oh sweetie, i'm so sorry! But she came around, right?

SHAYLYNN:  Yes, I asked her to close her eyes and i started singing our secret song to her.  Since she couldn't see me and could only hear my voice that's when she realized it was me.  Enough of that before I start crying again.  Are you two in the city?

BETH: Yes, why?

SHAYLYNN: You two need to be careful!  The creek that's beside the house is now a raging river and we had to move the horses over to Austin's property.  Also, the roads back to the city are flooding trapping Riley and Renee here.  With Chicago sitting at a lower elevation than we are, things don't look good.  And what the creepy old woman said here that night about you and water!

BETH:  I know, right! that's what Kelly and i we're talking about earlier!

SHAYLYNN:  Just be careful! Better yet,  both of you get home!

BETH:  Were going to be heading that way.  I have to go!

Beth hung up and put her phone in her purse.

KELLY: Poor Jacquelyn!

BETH: I know!

KELLY: Are we going home then?

BETH:  Let's go to Molly's!

KELLY: I think we should get home, look at the river after only a few hours!  The weather app on my phone says it to rain for the next week!

BETH: The river is nowhere near Molly's!

Kelly shook his head at her

KELLY: A few drinks then were going home, okay?

BETH: Okay! We can stop by the bakery apartment first, I'm sure i have a few coats there and we need to get cleaned up.

They arrived at the bakery apartment about twenty minutes later.  Kelly smiled as he walked into the living room

KELLY:  I've missed this place!

BETH:  Me too! (smiling)

Beth took off her cream Chanel coat that was soaked in dirty water