Chapter 1

A/N 

Before the story starts I just want to say that Taylor is 19 and Dewey is 24. I know he's supposed to be in his 30's but I'm not down for a giant age gap.

Taylor's P.O.V

I sit at the back of the class focusing on my work while everyone is chatting with their friends. I look up at the clock, the teacher is 10 minutes late. I've already done this whole year before so all this work is fucking easy. The door opens and our teacher walks in. I smile as I see who our teacher is, my favourite teacher at this school. "Sorry, I'm late. I forgot that I had a class. Now I don't feel like teaching so just do whatever you want." He says putting his bag on the desk. Everyone starts to talk again as our substitute spots me. He walks over to me and sits on the desk infront of me. "Hey, Dewey, why are you here?" I ask. 

Dewey Finn, the most chaotic teacher in the school. He doesn't care about the rules and regulations and pretended to be a proper teacher with a teaching licence last year. He didn't have one but now he does. Normally he teaches the younger years but he sometimes gets to substitute other years, which is how I know him. Plus I'm in the band. He's my best friend seeing as I don't have any friends as all of them graduated. He knows most of my secrets and problems. "Miss Cutler is sick so here I am. Anyway, what's been going on Taylor? You missed band practise yesterday, no one knew where you were and just looking at your paper I can tell there's something up on your mind." He says softly, Dewey always knows how to comfort me. "How can you tell that from my paper?" I ask curiously as I look back at my paper. "You draw more than normal when somethings up. Do you want to talk about it now or after class?" He asks me sincerely. That's one of the good things about hi, he can be chaotic and unpredictable but also caring and thoughtful when he needs to be.

"After class, please. I'm sorry I missed practice I had a meeting that I had to go to." I tell him looking down. "That's fine just please tell me or someone else next time." He says as he puts his hand on my arm. I mumble under my breath, "It's not like I could." Dewey looks at me concerned. "Class dismissed! Go home early!" He yells to the class as he gets up and walks towards his desk. I start to pack up. "Can I talk to you, Taylor?" He asks as the last person walks out the door. As I walk over to him, Dewey pats a spot on his desk next to him. I sit down and slightly turn, so we are facing each other. "Okay T, what's been going on? I promise it'll stay between us if you want or need it to." He says to me as he places his hand on my arm. I sigh. "My parents are getting a divorce and they want me to find my own place. They've been fighting so much and they've stopped me from practising at home." I tell him honestly.

 "How are you going, finding a place to stay?" He asks me. "Not too good, I might deck out the abandoned classrooms out the back," I tell him smiling the best I can. "How long do you have to find a place?" He questions me, moving his hand from his arm to my thigh. "It doesn't matter," I exclaim as I put my hand over his. Dewey gives me direct eye contact and raises his eyebrows. "Fine, I have 4 days to find a place but before then is preferred." I continue to tell him. He sighs and rubs my thigh. "Taylor, why didn't you tell me sooner? We could've organised it together."He tells me. I shake my head, "No, you don't need to find me a place." I say as I stand up and start to walk over to my bag. "Taylor, pack your bags and boxes as soon as you get home. I have a place for you that you'll love. I'll pick you up at your house tonight around 9ish." He says jumping up. "Where? What's the rent?" I ask fairly quickly. "Don't worry about any of that. I promise it will all be okay." He says trying to comfort me. "Fine, I trust you. I'll text you my address again, I'll see you at 9ish." I tell him as I put my bag over my shoulders.

 I walk towards Dewey, his smile brightening my mood up. "Thank you, Dewey. I really appreciate everything you do for me." I reply as I stop in front of him. "It's fine. I'm happy to help you out in whatever way I can. We're a lot like each other and we need to stand up for each other." He says to me. I smile and hug him, nuzzling my head into his chest. He hugs me back, tightly and makes me feel safe. I start to walk out of the class when I stop and turn around. "See you tonight Dewey," I say smiling and I continue to leave.

Published:(24/10/19 2:26 am) Words:(902)