Chapter 2

As soon as I got home I texted Dewey my address again. He always needs me to send him my address every time he comes over to hang out or pick me up because he forgets it. Yes, my teacher and I have each other's phone numbers and we hang out, just us two. It may not be allowed but we don't really care as long as we don't get caught, we're fine. It helps that my parents never pay attention to me and are always away recently. I've packed most of my clothes, family pictures and shit like that as well as my posters, books, electronics, figures, shoes, some stuffed toys and some other kind of toys. What? A girl has to please herself sometimes. I've been able to fit it all in my large suitcase, a carry-on, my backpack that I use as a handbag and 3 boxes. I take a peek at the clock, satisfied with what I've packed. It's 8:45 pm which means Dewey should be here soon. I grab a piece of paper and a pen, time to write a letter to my parents.

Dear mum and dad,

You've been alright to me through most of my life. You two have made it mediocre. Nothing really exciting has happened, no pets, no family deaths, no family game nights, nothing. That's why I disobeyed you guys and bought my electric guitar. I got sick of you and I think you guys got sick of me, I could tell the moment you stopped being somewhat invested in my life and started to leave me by myself for a few days and weeks. Yes, that may have been my fault for not graduating but you could've helped me. I am kinda glad that you two are getting a divorce and forcing me to move out. I've found a place to stay. If you need me, get someone else to talk to me. I'll see you two when I graduate this year. I'm going, to be honest, I will miss you guys a bit (You did create me and made sure I grew up after all) and I do still love you guys but I think this is going to end up good for the three of us. I've left my house key here as I don't have any need for it anymore. Have a good divorce and if you need me at any other meetings, get that guy who is organising it to contact the school.

-Taylor xx

As I put my pen down I hear a knock at the door, it must be Dewey here to pick me up. "I'll just be a minute!" I yell as I fold the paper up and put it in an envelope. I need to remember to put my key in there when I leave. I make my way over to the door and look through the little peephole. I smile, it is Dewey. I was a little nervous that he wasn't going to come but I always have faith in him. I quickly unlock the door and let him inside, "Hey Dew, how are you going?" I ask as I close and lock the door behind him. "Yeah I'm alright, what about you? How's the packing been?" He asks me as we walk towards my bedroom.

 "Yeah, I'm almost done I just need to find my guitar and get my school shit together," I say to him as we sit on my bed. "Okay, do you need my help or should I just sit here and keep you company?" Dewey asks me. "You can keep me company until we pack your car up. If that's okay with you?" I say to him as I stand up. "Yeah, I was hoping you would say that. So, where are your parents this time?" He asks as he takes his shoes off and sits on my bed. I sigh as I grab my school bag and a random backpack, "I haven't been keeping track since the last three times. I don't think they've actually told me to be honest. I couldn't care less now." I say as I put my school clothes into the empty backpack. "Oh Tay, at least you won't have to deal with them after tonight. Now, let's find your guitar and get out of this shitty place." He says to me standing up. I smile and let out a soft giggle. "Thank you, I have a feeling it's under my parent's bed. So let's get it!" I say as I lead him to my parent's bedroom. We get the guitar and head back to my room. "Ready to move out?" Dewey asks me as I put one of my backpacks on my back. "Yep, let's get this stuff in your car and get out of here!" I exclaim as I grab more bags. 

"Okay, is that everything?" Dewey asks as I put the last box in the back of his van. "Wait, there's one more thing that I need. I'll only be a minute." I say as I quickly run back into my old house. I run back out holding a large pink blanket. I put it in the front, on my seat. "What's that?" He asks me curiously. "I've had it since I was little. Its kept me safe and it's had so many good memories attached. Now, I'll put the key with the letter and we can get on our way." I say quickly going back inside. As I walk out and close the door I think to myself. It's a new chapter of my life. I'm jumping right into the deep end. I hop into Dewey's van and close the door. I put my seatbelt on. "You ready to go Taylor?" He asks looking at me. I smile lightly, "Yeah. Let's go." I say. Dewey turns the music up a little and I look through the window. Here we go. 

Published:(24/10/19 10:48pm) Words:(997)