Chapter Three

Chapter Three:

The best and worst news.

Emma's Pov:

I sighed as Allison gave me a long look. "Babe, it's fine." I said, trying to calm her nerves. She shook her head. "It's not fine, Emm. What the hell do we do now?"

"I don't know." Was all I could say.

"If Sam would've told me I wouldn't have planned this stupid ass...ughh!" I watched her pace the living room more. "I was going to take us all on vacation this Christmas. I was going to get them back together."

"Vacation?" She slapped the side of her pants. "Yes, Emma. The vacation I've been talking about since fucking July. Do you ever listen to me?!" I shrugged. "I thought you were talking about something else."

She shook her head, running her fingers through her black hair.

"I was planning on getting everyone together and taking them to that vacation home I rented out last month remember? Then that huge Christmas fair that's coming? And all that other shit that was in that magazine I had?" I slowly nodded, pretending I was starting to remember even though this was news to me. "Well, we can't now." She muttered.

"Yes we can, Ally." I assured her. "You paid for everything we might as well not waste money. Your parents already know and mine except for Ellie. Sam just thinks they're coming for dinner or whatever at our house but..." I shrugged. "I was going to get separate flights to surprise them both but it's all screwed. I'll just exchange and buy a new set so we all can fly together." She said with a sigh.

I pulled her close, kissing her and feeling her finally relax as our lips parted.

I rubbed her arm, looking into her soft eyes. "Everything will work out. Even if they don't even look at each other the entire trip, The vacation would be good for us all. Atleast you cared enough to try. You need it anyway, working hard and late and being a cute little nurse." She blushed slightly, stroking my blonde hair.

"What if it goes to shit?" She questioned. "Why would it?"

"Ellie and Sam haven't seen each other in forever and probably doesn't want to. I'm basically dragging them on a vacation where they'll be forced to everyday. Ellie, when she sees Nicole, it won't help at all." She answered me, staring at the floor. "There's no way they don't want to. Even if they act like it. They love each other, Ex's, best friends, it doesn't matter. They have a special bond that's really rare." She looked back at me, slowly nodding.

"I just don't want to fuck up Christmas for everyone." I hugged her right. "You won't. My family loves Christmas vacations. We're used to it." She laughed. "Your family is practically rich." I rolled my eyes.

She was quiet for a few minutes.

"I want to tell my parents about us..." She said, pulling back from our hug and looking at me again.

"Seriously?" I asked, smiling now.

"Yes, Emma. If my little sister can come out so can I. We're getting married...We're trying to start our life together and I actually want to have all that family stuff with you." I couldn't help the tears in my eyes. "Are you sure?" She nodded, wiping them for me.

"I can't keep hiding my love for you. It's not fair for either of us. I can't keep playing this best friend roll. If my parents aren't capable of understanding then that's them. Your parents have been more family than mine have all my life. It's like...I feel like I belong for once. I just want us to be happy and for our kids to be happy." I bit my lip. "Ally..." She shook her head. "It needs to be done. For us..."