Chapter Ten

Chapter Ten

Come Back To Me

Ellie's Pov:

I watched as snow lightly fell from the sky. The air was full of mist, scented of water and cold. I slowly took a drink from the brown, glass bottle that was firmly gripped in my shivering hand. I had been away for hours? I don't know, just thinking about what had happened. Sam and Nicole were engaged now. I tried to accept that, to make myself understand but it was no use. Sam was supposed to mine, not hers. Sam was supposed to have our children, not hers. Sam was supposed to be with me in bed, not her.

I did accept one thing atleast. That I would never accept them as a whole.

I took another drink, swallowing the alcohol that was like a flame in my throat. Strong. It stung slightly, but it was a good feeling. It was nice to feel something other than sadness and heartbreak for a moment I guess you could say.

"Hey,"

I turned my head slightly, seeing some guy who took a seat on the bench I was sitting on. He was rather tall, taller than me and I'm 5'7. This guy had to be around 5'10. He had long, silky black hair that was full of snow. His blue eyes, for some reason made me interested in this stranger. He had a red face, a smile that was warm and inviting. "Hey, man." I acknowledged him, looking back out at the white, frosted grass. "Why are you here by yourself?" He questioned, fondling with a football that was in his hands.

I simply shrugged, not feeling really social. "Ah, you're one of those, hm?" He inquired with a chuckle, rubbing the facial hair on his chin. "What's that supposed to mean?" I asked, taking another drink. "Those 'nobody can emotionally touch me' type of people." He answered, smiling and watching me still. "I guess you could say that...well, there's one person who can." I said honestly, staring out at the small park.

"Boyfriend?" He nudged my arm as if we were buddies, making me slightly uncomfortable. "Something like that." I mumbled. "Alright, let's start off simpler." He suggested, clearing his throat. "I'm Jace Fisher." He held out his hand. I sighed, slowly shaking his firm hand. "Ellie Grace." He then let go, wiping snow off his jeans. "You have any kids, Ellie?" I laughed. "No." He nodded. "You-" I cut him off. "Look, I'm here because the girl I love is marrying some bitch who doesn't even deserve her." I said sternly.

We sat there in silence after that was said. The only sound for several minutes was the whistling of icy wind in our ears and the soft laughter of play in the distance.

"Does she love you?" He asked finally, giving me a serious look. "Of course...well, I think so. I just know that I'll never stop loving or thinking about her. She could betray me everyday of her life and I still would. I will always have eternal tenderness for her...she is my heart."

"How do you know it's true love?" He asked secondly, scratching his hair.

I bit my lip in thought.

"It's been four years since I've seen her and...I trust her with my life." I said slowly. "Then why are you letting this happen? Why are you letting such a girl marry someone who doesn't deserve and appreciate her?" I looked over at the man. "I got upset and just stormed out. I couldn't bear seeing that. I let my emotions get the best of me." I closed my eyes, trying to keep the tears in but failed.

"I'm just thinking about leaving tonight. Catching a flight to California." He shook his head. "You need to stay here for her."

My eyes opened as I felt him wiping warm tears away from my cold face, giving me an assuring smile.

"Don't cry. There's still time. Save those tears for your wedding day. There'll be plenty when you see her walking so elegantly down the aisle." He said, patting my back. "Is it worth it?" He raised his brow, giving a look of confusion before answering. "Of course it is."