Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven:

Golden Roses.

Samantha's Pov:

"Ellie!" I called out for her. We had been at the mall all day Christmas shopping with our moms. Emma couldn't get out of bed apparently so Ellie volunteered, more like their mom forced her because she hasn't done a lick of shopping since we had gotten to New York almost two weeks ago.

I litterly had searched every single inch of the mall, the food court twice, knowing that's her favorite spot. I pushed my cart down the corridor of stores and attractions, my head turning in search of her. I had spent nearly an hour doing this, getting bored of walking so much.

"Sam!"

I cringed as I heard my mom's voice. I put on a smile, turning around towards where the voice came from. I slowly pushed my cart towards them both, the sound of giggling as I got closer. "What do you think of this article?" She asked, holding up a really ugly plaid shirt. "It's unique." I said, scratching my head. A wide smile grew on her red painted lips, Ellie's mom shrugging. "I was thinking about getting a few for Allison." I nearly laughed in her face, thinking how she'd have to fake a "thank you" and be bugged to wear one everyday.

But luckily, We look out for each other.

"I actually think she'd like jewelry or a shirt that's...not that."

My mom nodded, smiling and tossing it on the rack where it came from.

"Ellie asked for an electric guitar." Her mom stated. "I'll probably regret this." I laughed, knowing she'd blow the roof off. "I'll probably get her those CD's too but I can't remember any of the names. She was talking so fast about bands and pop music."

"Does she like jumpers?" Her mom asked. I shrugged my shoulders. "She'd look cute in boots." Her mom added, pulling my mom with her who had another ugly shirt in her hand. "Wait!" I yelled. They both stopped, looking over at me. "What is it, darling?" My mom asked. "Have you seen Ellie?"

"If you go to the right, at the end there's an arcade sort of game shop. More than likely Ellie's there." With that they walked off, their arms locked like best friends.

I rolled my eyes, pushing my cart out of the store and taking a right, walking down the corridor again. I turned at the sound of game noises. Sure enough there it was. "Game's and more"

I turned, pushing my cart through the door and looking around.

It was rather dark in here, the really only light coming from the arcade machines and the check out counter's lamp. It was pretty much all guys in here, yelling and banging on the arcade machines, frustrated, some happy. I glanced around, seeing customers choosing games and walking around. It was much bigger on the inside than what appeared on the outside, causing me to have to walk around for ten minutes, getting wolfish grins from the guys that lurked around like coyotes on prey.

It didn't take much longer to find Ellie. She was sitting at an arcade machine that looked like some car racing game, a huge grin on her face, her hands gripping the wheel and her feet working on the pedals. "Vrooooooooooom! Vrooooooooom! Oh shit it's a tight turn!" She pulled the wheel to the side, dramatically closing her eyes and clenching her teeth. "Weeeeere!" She pulled it back, raising herself a bit. "Oh my god their coming right at me!" She then started making weird side affects sounds of guns. "Frreeere!" I raised my brow as she shouted. "Ellie croses the finish line!"

"Oh my god. You're still a dork."

She looked over at me, a blush on her face.

I watched as she got up. "What do you want?" I smiled at her. "Did you even shop at all?" She nodded, walking behind the machine and pulling out her shopping cart. "I just wanted to play some games." I walked over to her cart, looking through what she had gotten so far.