55 || RADIOLOGY

Jimin was now at his office, dressed in a semi-formal white shirt and with some black dress pants. He slowly walked towards his office desk sitting in the expensive black leather chair. It felt as if he hasn't been in his work environment in so long, when truly it wasn't as long as he had imagined. Removing the sthethoscope that was wrapped around his neck, he placed it onto the large oak wooden desk that screamed expensive. 

He sighed, as he opened his laptop, going through the database to review his patients charts. To see if any of the xrays or MRIs were reviewed since his check-up with the patients about 40 minutes ago. Realizing that there was no update yet, a frown was on his face.

It shouldn't take this long. 

In slight irritation, he decided to call the radiology department. Taking his office phone, he dialed #71 and waited. After 3 rings, an out of breath voice responded, "Sorry Dr. Park." A THUMP  was heard, as Jimin heard the man drop the phone on the ground. He flinched by the sound, moving the phone away from his ear, before putting it back. 

"I'm waiting for the scans jackson. It's been over 40 minutes."  A frantic man by the name of Jackson Wang responded right away I'm working on the patient's scans but--"

"Mr. Wang" a distant voice was heard, "I got it. Pass the phone over." The voice sounded a bit too distinct to not be unrecognizable. Jimin furrowed his eyebrows, combing his fingers through his wavy ash gray hair. The colour was fading, reminding Jimin to do retouches or completely change the colour. He hasn't decided yet. 

"Dr. Park." A new voice was heard, a confused expression swept across Jimin's face. "Who is this?"

"Wah, forgot me already jimin? Let me give you a hint. 1 girl struck the hearts of two men. One was accepted, the other rejected. And well...you know the rest.. Ring a bell?"

Jimin's heart skipped a beat. His face changed from confusion to utter shock. "Come to my office. Room 2020." Without a 'bye', the man had hung up the phone.  

"Jesus." Jimin slammed the phone in its base, abruptly getting up from his chair. "What's he doing here?" His heart began to pound erratically, his mind slowly going blank. He hadn't spoken to this man for a few years now. Tension arose between the two because of Kim Ji yeon, and basically communication was cut off after she died. Their friendship crumbled to dust. It's as if their friendship from their toddler years never existed. 

Knock Knock.

"Come in." Jimin quickly brushed off the invisible dust on his shirt and pants, attempting to seem like he had his life together, which he did, for the most part. 

There was Min yoongi

There was Min yoongi. Dressed in a black and white suit, his hair now a greyish-brownish colour. He had lost some weight, looked more privileged than before. IT was like he was seeing the Great Gatsby in person. 

He didn't smile,  rather his jaw was clenched to the point that it seemed like you can cut an onion with his jaw. Yoongi placed his hands behind his back like some wise old man, looking at him with an undecipherable expression. 

"Did you get the MRI and xray scans sorted out?" the mocking tone can be heard in his voice and it pissed the shit out of jimin. 

"Obviously not. Did you interrupt Jackson?" Jackson was a person they both knew but for different reasons. Jimin had met him in Med school. Yoongi had med him in high school. 

"I wanted to talk to you, and I knew jackson worked with you." 

Jimin had nothing to say. 

"Anyway, I came here to sort a few things."

"What things?" Jimin was in no mood to talk to yoongi. He had no reason to. 

"I want us to be friends again. But I don't think it'll work out if you act like an asshole." Yoongi spoke with a nasty tone. 

"I'm the asshole here??" Jimin practically jabbed his fingers at his own chest. "You're the one who decided to cut all ties just because Jiyeon chose me over you. And as a defense, I didn't know she was the one you liked. You never told me the name at the time."

"I know that. I was an idiot, so just let me talk alright?