DUETS

Glee Club this week was not off to a great start for Alicia. Firstly, Quinn wasn't in so she was sitting all on her own so as not to be third wheeling Brittany and Santana. And secondly the news about Puck's little trip was sure to piss pretty much everyone off.

"All right, let's, uh, let's gather around." Mr Schue said as he walked in from his office. Something about him was off, he wasn't as happy and upbeat as usual. "Sorry I'm late, guys. I was with Principal Figgins. Bad news, guys. Puckerman's in juvie." He said with a deep breath.

It didn't come as a shock, to be honest, but it was still so annoying for everyone to hear it.

"It really was just a matter of time." Tina muttered bluntly.

"What did he do?" Rachel asked loudly, clearly annoyed.

"He drove his mom's Volvo through the front of a convenience store and drove off with the ATM." Wow. A few laughs could be heard, but most of the Club were just pissed at how stupid it was. And not to mention selfish.

"And when is he getting out?"

"Unknown."

"He might be the dumbest person on this planet, and that's coming from me." Brittany was right, this was low even for Puck. No one expected this.

"Guys! Let's have some sympathy." Mr Schue said, trying his best to keep positive despite the fact that he was fighting a losing battle.

"For a guy who put his needs before the team's? We need his voice and his bad boy stage presence."

"Finn's right, he made his choice, and now we have to pick up the pieces." Alicia spoke up, struggling to understand why Mr Schue was expecting them to feel sorry for him right now.

"We can't look at this as a crisis. It's an opportunity."

"For what? Further embarrassment and humiliation?" Santana rolled her eyes at Mr Schue's happy clappy attitude.

"For welcoming our new member... Sam Evans!" Wait, what?! Alicia sat up in her seat all of a sudden, trying to process whether she was hearing things or whether Mr Schue had genuinely just said Sam's name. Before she could properly register the information, the one and only Sam Evans came swiftly through the door into the room with a wide grin and stood next to Mr Schue. His eyes landed on the Cheerio that he knew, giving her a smirk seeing the shock on her face.

"Hey, everybody. I'm Sam...Sam, I am...and I don't like green eggs and ham." He said, trying not to laugh too much at himself, but much to his disappointment no one seemed to laugh with him. Well, that was until he caught Alicia giggling under her breath. Thank God someone liked it.

"Oh, wow. He has no game." Santana said bluntly from the back row in her typical style. Gee, what a way to welcome him. His smile dropped slightly before Finn cut the awkward tension. "Okay! This is gonna be great. You're not going to regret joining, Sam."

"Oh, good." He muttered before sitting in the seat next to Alicia as Finn had directed him to.

"All right! Question for the group. What's a duet?" Mr Schue said perkily pointing to the whiteboard. Rachel's hand shot up in a millisecond.

"A blanket." Brittany replied, as if it was obvious.

"A duet is when two voices join to become one. Great duets are like a great marriage. The singers complement each other, push each other to be better. Now, some people may think-" Mr Schue's voice started to drown out as Sam leaned in to the girl beside him, whispering in her ear. "Hey there."

"Hey...I can't believe you're here!" She said, trying the best she could to hide her massive beaming smile. "So, what made you join in the end?"

"Well, Finn was pretty persuasive. But there was also a certain cheerleader who pointed out how much of a jerk I was being." He smirked, his whisper sending shivers down her spine.