PROM QUEEN

Prom week had arrived and Mckinkey was abuzz. The hallways bustled as Jacob Ben Israel rushed to interview almost anyone in sight, and students excitedly gossiped and discussed the Prom King and Queen election.

Quinn rushed down the hall determinedly, offering smiles along the way to potential voters and reminding them to vote for her. Stopping when she arrived at her best friend's locker, she had a very important question to ask.

"So, who are you going with?"

Assuming Quinn was talking about prom dresses, Alicia shut her locker and turned around. "Oh, I can't afford to get a fancy designer to make my dress like you. But I was thinking about going for grey, maybe."

"Cute! You look so good in grey." Quinn clutched Alicia's hand and beamed in Prom-fueled excitement, before remembering why she came over in the first place. "But that's not what I was talking about. Who are you going to prom with? Like as your date. And if you say anyone other than Sam Evans, I will disown you."

"Oh...about that. Sam's not going to prom what with everything going on with his family, so I was just gonna tag along with you and Finn." Alicia shrugged sadly, picking at her flaking nail varnish. "Although Brittany said she's going alone so maybe I could go with her and we could just dance with everyone else's dates."

"Wait, Sam's not going?" Quinn asked in shock, her plans beginning to derail.

"Yeah, didn't you see his face in Glee Club earlier when Mr Schue told us we'd be singing at Prom? He looked really bummed out because he can't go."

"Firstly, no I didn't see his face in Glee Club, because unlike someone I'm not staring at him all the time." Quinn accused playfully, making Alicia blush hard. "And secondly, as your best friend and future Prom Queen, it's basically my royal duty to get Sam Evans to take you to Prom. Meet me in the auditorium later."

Turning on her heel, Quinn began to stride resolutely down the hallway while hatching a plan before Alicia could even question anything.

ꕤ  ꕤ  ꕤ

"Is this a surprise party or something? Because my birthday was last week." Sam called out in confusion, stepping up onto the auditorium stage.

"I knew it was your birthday last week, i made you a cake, remember?" Alicia responded in mock offense as she spotted him. "It tasted like crap, but it's the thought that counts, right?"

Sam let out a laugh thinking back to the almost inedible, radioactively colored cake that Alicia had made for him- she was a great friend, but definitely a terrible baker. "Wait, so you're not here to say sorry for almost poisoning me and serenade me with a hand-written song?"

"You wish." Rolling her eyes at Sam's playful smirk, she gave him a gentle push. "No, but seriously, Quinn asked me to meet her here and I have no idea why."

"Funny, she asked me to meet her here too." Sam furrowed his eyebrows in confusion, giving Alicia a pretty good suspicion as to why they were here.

Hearing footsteps approaching, both Sam and Alicia turned to be faced with Quinn who smiled knowingly at them. "I asked you both to come because I have a proposal. How would you guys like to come to prom with Finn and I?"

"Like a four-way?" Alicia inquired curiously, before realizing what she'd said and clapping a hand over her mouth in embarrassment.

"Yes...but not the dirty kind." Quinn answered, letting out a giggle.

"That sounds great, Quinn, but I just can't afford it." Sam looked down sadly.

"And that's where I come in. My parents have been saving for my prom since I was in diapers, so I'm sure they won't mind spending a little extra so you can ride with us. You can borrow a suit from your dad, we can make corsages from garden flowers, and we can get dinner at Breadstix to keep the costs down." Quinn explained, having thought out every inch of the plan. Taking a much needed breath, she looked at the two hopefully. "So, what do you guys think?"