FURT

"Hey Ali." A deep voice said beside Alicia suddenly as she left the Choir Room. Giving her a fright, she glanced to the side to see who it was only to see Sam catching up to her with a nervous look on his face. "Can I talk to you?"

"Sure." She replied, allowing Sam to pull her by the hand to the nearest empty classroom. Taking a seat on top of the table, she expected Sam to do the same but he only continued to pace back and forth. This was weird. Sam was never this serious. "Sam? You okay?"

He finally turned to face the Cheerio, letting out an intense deep breath before reaching into his back pocket, and pulling out the last thing she'd ever expect. A ring. "Sam, what the hell? Are you proposing to Quinn?" She looked at the boy, completely startled, which was most certainly not the reaction he was hoping for.

"No...well yes...well, not exactly." He stuttered nervously, fiddling with the ring in his hand. "It's a promise ring...or at least that's what I think it's called. I just wanted to know if you think Quinn would like it, because you're her best friend and stuff."

To say she was taken aback would be a complete understatement. She knew Sam was pretty much head over heels in love with Quinn because he always wore that stupidly cute smile whenever she was around, but a promise ring? She couldn't help but feel that it was just such a big commitment to make, especially when they weren't even dating yet. And not that she'd ever admit it, but a little part of her felt slightly jealous deep deep down. "Erm...I think...I think she'll like it. It's just, well, are you sure about this?"

"Of course I'm sure. Quinn's awesome and I want her to be my girlfriend. And maybe one day even my wife if I'm lucky. So, what do you think?" He couldn't stop beaming with that goofy grin, and even though it hurt, she could see how genuinely happy he was.

Mustering the best smile she could, she couldn't bring herself to say no to him. "You know what, Sam? I think she'd love it. And if you're happy, I'm happy."

"Thanks Al, you're the best!" He beamed as he jumped up and down in the spot as if to pump himself up before walking towards the door, putting the ring back in his pocket. He stopped just before leaving, shooting Alicia a wink and saying something that was clearly just a joke to him but meant so much more to her. "Love you."

ꕤ  ꕤ  ꕤ

Walking down the corridor, Alicia couldn't stop herself from thinking about Sam giving Quinn that promise ring. She wanted to be happy for them since they were two of her best friends, but it was so hard. As if on cue, she felt a presence beside her as her blonde best friend appeared next to me. Except instead of her typical Queen Bitch smirk, she had a worried look on her face. "Woah, Quinn you scared me! Wait, what's wrong?" Alicia asked with concern.

"It's Sam. He gave me a promise ring and said he loves me and...I don't know. It's all too much." Quinn said quickly as the two found a quiet spot in the hallway to stand.

Alicia was shocked. Of course, she already knew about Sam giving Quinn the ring, but what was really surprising was Quinn's reaction. She was the exact opposite of Sam earlier, who could've easily been mistaken for a bouncing golden retriever in his excitement. "What did you say to him?"

"I said maybe, and I felt so guilty. Of course I like Sam, but it's just such a big commitment and I just don't know." Quinn said honestly with a sigh, fiddling with her hands.

"Look, Quinn. Sam's a great guy and you guys make a lovely couple. But you have to take things at a pace that you're comfortable with. So, take the week and think about it, it's a big decision and you can't make it if you're not entirely sure." Alicia said, looking Quinn in the eye and putting her personal feelings aside to help her friend with her situation.