The Misconception

3rd Person P.O.V

"Mom!" Deku chuckled gently, "I'll be gone only for a little, don't worry, I'll be back before morning, I promise," he reassured his mother, telling her not to worry as he would go to check on Bakugou.

"Okay, be safe sweetie," she smiled, waving him out the door.

Deku returned a genuine smile before jogging down to the U.A. dorms. As he was running, the rain started to pour, the strong droplets of rain pattered on his head harshly, his ears flattening.

He hissed, hating the rain with spite. Though, of course, he brought no jacket. As he made it to the doors, he banged loudly, hoping one of them was awake at the time so he wouldn't have to be in the rain any longer.

The doors were opened by Ashido, "Izu! You made it! I thought you were busy?"

"Heh, well, my mom wasn't busy right now so I came over as soon as I could. Is Kacchan alright?" he asked hurriedly.

"Yeah, he went upstairs with Eijiro, something about making sure Katsuki was okay after all of that today. Katsu should explain when you get to his room," she moved aside, letting him in as he pointed a thumb towards the hall.

Izuku rushed in, running down to the stairs. He turned back to Ashido, waving, "Thanks!"

He rushed up the stairs, making it to Bakugou's room fairly quickly. He rushed up to the door, hoping it was open, luckily, it was. He opened the door slowly, seeing the room was dark, him assuming that Bakugou was most likely sleeping at the moment. When he peeked inside, he felt a bit of his heart shatter.

"Kacchan?"

Bakugou's eyes fluttered open as he looked over, seeing Deku with a heartbroken face at the door. When he tried to get up, something blocked him. It seemed Kirishima's arms were wrapped around his waist. He looks down to see a pair of arms wrapped around him. He was confused until it hit him.

He was sleeping with Kirishima.

He shoved Kirishima's hands off him, making the red-head wake-up. "Bakugou? Did you have a nightmare?" he asked, squinting his eyes, adjusting to the small amount of light.

"Deku!?" he chuckled obviously nervous and shaky, "when did you get here? I thought Ashido said you were busy."

Deku didn't move. The heartbroken expression was quite obvious, yet, his face was blank. "Why...?" he breathed.

"What do you mean?" Bakugou asked, casual but obvious he was timid.

"I thought I could trust you..." he clutched his fists. "I was only going to be gone for a couple of days. One day in, and you're already going behind my back?"

"Deku, it's not what it seems-"

"Shut up!" he snapped. "....was I not good enough...?" his hand clutched his shirt that hung over his heart as if to show pain. Emotional pain. "did I not meet your expectations in a guy...?" he looked down, hiding his face. "did I place too much of a burden on you? Too much to take care of? Too much to care for?"

"Deku, please, just listen-"

"No. Sure, I know that this stuff always happens in those cliche romance movies. I get it, I do. But I already think I know what you're going to say. And I'm most likely not to believe you. And I just... don't talk to me, please. For both our sakes..." he turned, walking down the dark hall, his ears flat as his tail waved with no emotion behind him.

Bakugou was left speechless, a pained face present. He fell to his knees. Not yet crying, but processing. Did he really just lose the love of his life? No, it couldn't. Deku would let him explain at some point. Right?