Barley fallen into a lake

Barley has fallen into a lake when he was teaching Edgar to fish cause Edgar accidentally let go of the fishing pole.                                                                                                                                                             

 Barley and Edgar sat on the edge of the dock, fishing poles in hand. Barley kept an eye on the fishing bobber as he's thoughts went elsewhere. The weather was perfect, a bit cold but still perfect. Charley had said they were almost out of fish an Barley, being the fisherman he was, insisted he would catch some. Edgar had begged to go wanting to know how to fish. Listening to Edgar as he talked about anything that passed the child's mind. A small smile crossed Barley's face as he wondered what would happen if Charley had come with them. He always wanted to show him what fishing was like. Watching as a fish started to head to Edgar's hook. It happened so fast and before he knew what happened Edgar made a loud yelp sound and let go of the pole. Barley tried to reach quickly for the pole before if fell to the water but that had caused him to lean over to far. Next thing he knew he was in the cold water holding both fishing poles and holding onto the docks ladder. When he started to feel wind blow onto his soaking wet body. Edgar grabbed the poles after Barley got to the top and set them aside. Barley started to shiver as the wind picked up. They picked up there stuff before heading back home. Thankfully Barley had caught some before that happened. He would have feel awful if he didn't return with any. When they got home, Charley was already making dinner. He came out of the kitchen when he heard the front door open. He blinked a few times. Sighing he headed to the closet and grabbed a towel. He took the bucket of fish and took them to the kitchen. Setting them in the sink, he decided to check on Barley before cleaning them. Returning he sat in a chair near Barley as he saw the other was shivering violently. "Edgar go grab a blanket from upstairs, Barley's freezing." He told the spider before turning to the Fisherman. "OK, what happened and why are you soaking wet?" He asked softly. Barley sighed as he looked up a small smile on his face. "Edgar got surprised and accidentally left go of his pole." A chuckle left him as he continued,"I went to grab it and leaned to far. Next thing I know I'm in the water, holding both poles and the ladder." That startled a laugh from Charley as he looked Barley over for any injury. "Go change before you get sick." Charley said as he got up and headed for the kitchen. "I'm making Garlic-Butter Stake for dinner." When Barley came back downstairs he saw a blanket sitting on the couch. Sitting down he wrapped his cold self in the warm blanket. He could smell the stake as time passed before eyeing a small wooden sign hanging innocently on the kitchen door. He snorted when he read it. 'No Barley beyond this point.' He sighed, "You nearly burn the house down on accident once and they don't trust you in the kitchen ever again." He whispered to himself. 

THE END