7

"Don't let her drink too much.." Seth says quietly from the corner.

Just as he says that the warm flow of blood stops from his wrist. He pulls away and the wound I was just drinking from is already healed.

He slowly helps me to stand.

"W-wait." I start, but I begin to realize that the pain is gone.

"What's going on?" I whisper to myself as I stand on my own feeling my skin for wounds that were no longer there.

"Did your blood just-" I start as I look at my hands as I feel the energy starting to surge through my veins.

It begins as a giggle, but then I begin to laugh hysterically.

"Vampire blood heals wounds," Dax says.

"It also makes humans high, if given to much," Seth adds while giving Dax a slight scowl.

"We should go. He exhibits nest behavior, which means there might be others and they might be back soon." Seth says walking up the stairs. "He also mentioned the King's Guards. That can't be good." 

Dax takes my hand and guides me through the dark basement and up the stairs.

I am met with cold air and a room that looks lived in and with all windows heavily draped.

"So, does it heal any wound?" I ask, thinking of my dad.

"Let's wait until we get out of here to talk, We don't know how many are coming back, so we want to avoid having to fight and protect you."

Seth leads us to what looks like the back door and we exit the house.

Dax scoops me up in his arms.

"Hold on tight, okay?" He says as he nudges my head closer to his chest.

I do so, and instead of warmth, it's cool. For a moment I listen for a heartbeat instinctively but I here nothing.

Seth closes the door.

and they take off with that same inhumane speed they came in to save me with.

I shut my eyes tight as they move in the darkness. It felt as if I stuck my head out of a car while on the highway.

I could barely breathe with the turbulent air whipping my hair around and invading my nostrils. But despite all of these very uncomfortable conditions, I was still exhilarated.

I mean-- I was probably the closest I'd ever get to flying. It felt like his blood had not only healed me but made my senses sharper. I could hear the cars honking in traffic about a mile away, I could hear the animals stepping on twigs far below us, and I could smell the water from the port I met all of them at.

My grip loosened and I relaxed against his chest as we continued to a safe place.

--------------------------------------

"Namoi..... Naomi..." I hear a voice calling to me gently.

I feel a warm hand rest on my shoulder.

"Hmmm..." I say in reply nestling my hand getting closer to its warmth.

"Your skin is so soft.."

"Thank you," I mumble a smile sleepily creeping onto my face.

I peep my eyes open to see it's Dax, in different clothing than I remember, also looking a lot more cleaned up.

"Dax?... Why are you so warm?" I whisper in a drowsy voice.

But he ignores me.

He trails his fingers down the middle of my chest to my belly button. My skin tingling the whole way down.