Chapter 23

I pull off my jacket and lay it on the bed gently. "Let's go down now, so we aren't late," she says and takes her bag off laying it on the table next to mine. I walk to the door and hold it open for master. She smiles walking through and pats my shoulder. Her eyes light up when my tail wags. "You're a big puppy," she whispers and I laugh quite hard.

Master blushes and turns around embarrassed I heard what she said. Cute. My master is adorable sometimes. I hold her shoulder and feel she's silently giggling. "Want a piggyback ride master?" I ask turning her around. She puts on a confused facial expression and holds onto my elbows. "Till we reach the dining room of course. Reiji would probably chew us out if he saw us," I explain.

Her look turns sad when I finish, and she shakes her head no. "I don't want to get in trouble, there's no doubt one of the brothers are hungry by now," she says quietly and sadly. Turning around to walk away from me her hair swishes and bounces beautifully. I also drop my smile when I remember master and I are still trapped here. The brothers can still feed off of master. My ears curl back and I follow master down to dinner.

The dinner table is quiet. Laito is not here and Kanato isn't talking to his bear like usual. Ayato is still pissing me off though because he continues to look at master in hunger. Shu next to me, keeps turning to look at me. He's no doubt thinking of something I don't want to be Involved in. It's painful sitting here watching master eat sadly. I already finished eating, I am not full though. I can eat a lot but master's father never feed me more than a normal dog would have.

The vet said I had a type of eating disorder or something, If wolves though got as big as the armor in masters room then it would make sense why I'm hungry all the time. Maybe I can talk about this with Reiji? I feel someone's gaze on me and I look around the table seeing no one has their eyes on me. Realizing Laito is at the entrance of the room, I take a look at his appearance. His eyes are red and looks as if he's been crying.

My heart breaks suddenly. He needs to stop this. I need to stop this. He can't continue to miss school and meals. I know it's only been one day of this but it can't continue. "May I be excused?" I ask, turning to Reiji. He looks over to me and glares his normal glare at me. I ignore whether he actually answers and leave the table walking to the entrance Laito is still at. He moves away from the entrance and allows me to walk past him. "Let's go." I tell him and make my way to the gardens.

God, all I want is for him to stop this stupid shit. We make it to the garden and I growl because of how frustrated I am. "You need to stop this shit," I say turning to face him. The smirk on his face surprises me. He doesn't look fucking sad now. Was he faking? Did he lead me into a trap? He eyes hold trouble and I become defensive. "What are you up too?" I ask bearing my teeth.

His, eyes turn sad for a moment before going troublesome again. He crosses his arms and leans his weight to one side. His head turned to the side. "I don't know what you mean?" he says sarcastically. I don't feel safe anymore. "I'm not doing anything." he continues. He moves toward me and my ears go flat against my head. He stops and then continues making me backup a few steps.

"Stop right now!" I yell out aggressively. What the hell is he up too?! He does stop but he doesn't faze. I shift and growl at him. He gives a somewhat scary smile and in a flash I feel him holding me. Is he hugging me? Is he going to bite me? I stay still for a second waiting for some movement, He moves his nose against my hair and repeats nuzzling into me.

"We are mate's my wolfie." he whispers softly. I'm stunned, quietly waiting for his next words. "We are meant to be together, I read about the bond." he continues confusing me. He read about it? "We won't die or anything if one of us rejects the other. The bond always works!" he says sadly. What is he talking about. "Why isn't it working with us?" he cries out softly. I feel his tears soaking my fur and my feelings of anger turn to sadness.

Why doesn't it work? He's not acting like a murderous vampire, he's acting like a human experiencing pain. Does this mean we would work out if I felt it back? I'm so confused. I shiver in his arms, and he holds onto my body tighter. Our bodies face the garden, and we both lie on our knees. His chest pressed against my back, arms around my sides.

"Laito," I say, trying to get his attention. "I know we are both confused, but I can't lie to you. I don't feel what you are feeling." I explain, trying to not set him off. "I don't know why and how I'm not feeling the same. All I know is that I don't and all this stuff you are doing isn't going to change that." I admit, tears spill and I can't stop it. 

{Happy Halloween everyone. I hope you all enjoy this chapter. Feel free to share your thoughts and feeling!}

Boo!

Emily Ann <3