Chapter One: The Beginning

Lisa Hale never thought that she would run from someone she thought she loved, but what if running happens to be the best for her and true loved finds its way into her life by a chance of luck.

LISA'S POV

After 4 years of dating and 6 years of friendship, being teenage sweet hearts and all, Adam decides to pop the question to ask Lisa for her hand in Holy Matrimony at Lisa's dinner that her family has prepared for her to celebrate her promotion on becoming the manager and head choreographer for the famous Wade Robson's dance studio called Wade's Dancers.

"Lisa I've known you for 10 years and it feels like forever already so will you continue this journey with me till eternity?" Adam went down on his knee the traditional way and waited for Lisa to answer, teary eyed she answered with a grateful yes. Lisa was never one for weddings and that type of thing so this all came to her as a blessing. She had started her new job a few days ago and things were going great for her, so this surprise was not something that she had expected.

5 months after their engagement Lisa had basically stopped seeing her family and only spoke to them over the phone, this never worried her parents much because she blamed her absence on work or being tired but there was one person she could not fool and that was her sister Leigh. Lisa was the oldest of 3 children, Leigh was the middle and Liam came later in life. Leigh and Lisa had a bond that no chainsaw could break, but her absence started pissing Leigh off as the days went by, there was something she could sense during the conversations they had but she could not place her finger on it. Wednesday evening was always an evening Lisa never cooked, she would either make grilled sandwiches or would buy something on her way home from work. During her lunch break she sent Adam a message asking if Chinese takeout would be okay, he never replied and she took it as a yes. She would generally get home 5 minutes after Adam does but due to traffic and waiting for the take out it took her an extra 10 minutes.

"Hey babe sorry I'm late traffic was a bit heavy and the takeout spot was full", she shouted through the house and rushed into the kitchen to prepare their dinner. When she walked into the lounge he was watching the early news, so she guessed it was to let time pass. She told him dinner was ready and she went to sit at the dining room table. He seemed pissed but she said nothing. Finally she broke the silence.

"So how was your day today" she asked, but he just gave her a glare.

For the rest of their dinner no one said a word to each other. When she was done eating his plate was empty in front of him and she asked him if she could take it away but was answered was a huge hand to her face.

She fall straight to the floor like she normally did when he hit her and covered her face with her arms as he began to kick her. He hovered over her and started hitting her on her body, he forced his fist into any part of her skin. She let out small screams but he told her to shut up. She lie on the floor defenceless has he continues to hit her. His about to hit again but he stops during his motion to plunge her again, for the first time in 5 months Lisa sees pure fear in Adams eyes. In a fast movement Adam is lifted off her and her sister Leigh is by her side telling her to pack some clothes and to phone their father. Quickly she rushes to the kitchen to get her phone, she stumbles over the keys of her phone while dialling her daddy's number. She is distracted by Adam shouting.

"Hello... Lisa... Lisa darling?"

"Hello, hello daddy" Lisa speaks crying. "Please come down please daddy" Lisa pleads on the phone.

"Darling I'll be there, sweety I'll be there in a minute" he answered panicked.

Lisa runs off to her room to pack in some clothes for work, her body is aching but she ignores it, she is in so much shock that her hands and mind are not co-operating. Luckily her parents live 2 minutes away from her so her father will be there soon, but how long can 2 minutes really be. Her thoughts were disturbed when she hears something fall, it sounds like glass shattering on the floor. She runs to the dining room to find Adam on top of Leigh in a similar manner when he hovered over her.

"Lisa go make some tea, and put some ice packs in the zinc, 3 sugar please" Leigh said politely to her, she ran off to the kitchen to do as she was told.

LEIGH

One evening after work Leigh decided to surprise her sister with a visit but walked into a horror event. Lisa was lying on the floor in the dining room covering her face with her arms while Adam was hovering over her hitting her. Leigh was a never a violent person but that night Lisa saw a side of Leigh that Leigh herself had no idea of. With strength from the Greek gods Leigh picked Adam up by the collar of his shirt and throw him motherless against the pillar dividing the dining room and the kitchen. Rushing to Lisa's side to see if she was ok.

"Lisa look at me, go pack your things and phone daddy tell him to come down now I'm serious do it"

Lisa followed what Leigh has told her, because she could see in Leigh's eyes she wasn't done with Adam yet.

"So you keep my sister away from her family so that you can hit her I see, while that's 2 of 5 mistakes. First you keep her away from her family and second you lifted your hands to her. So you wanna fight I'm here now to fight" Leigh spoke politely to him. He got up and was ready for whatever came his way.

"You have no idea how angry she makes me sometimes, and you should see the things she does any man will get upset with her" he answered in a higher tone than normal.

"So whenever someone makes you upset, you go and hit that person. I don't remember you ever being in a fight with some guy.... Oh I understand you only hit those who can't hit you back and with those that will feel threatened around you and won't say a word" she said with a grin.

Her grin pissed him off so much more, and he grabbed her and pushed her against the wall. She laughed at his action to make him more upset and he swings a shot to meet his fist against Leigh's jaw, she times his shot perfectly and she duck. His shot meets the wall, he clenches his hand cursing. Leigh punched him in the side without taking note of what's he doing. In a swift moment the vase was on the floor and Adam was on top of Leigh hovering over her like he was hovering over Lisa. Lisa entered the dining room and Leigh didn't want Lisa to see her at her weakest.

"Lisa go make some tea, and put some ice packs in the zinc, 3 sugar please" Leigh told Lisa politely.

As soon as Lisa was out the room, with power of the rain gods, she managed to kick him away. Things happened so fast that from the time Leigh kicked Adam off her, and she got off of the ground, Adams fist met her jaw and she was on the ground again. Covering the spot that Adam hit, Leigh got up and was ready to fight this man but her father came in to stop the fight.

"Leigh get your sister we leaving" her demanded not taking his eyes off Adam.

"I'll be collecting her things tomorrow, no later than 4 o' clock" Mr Hale said before walking out the house.