CHAPTER 12: MR TATUM HAS ARRIVED AND WE LEAVING

At 6:30 Lisa is up to make breakfast, if Leigh and Lisa were not sisters Lisa would have been 6 feet under the instant the cupboard door banged for the 5th time. By 7 breakfast was ready and they both were more relax and calm. They thereafter headed to the shower to be done by 7:30 sharp. Leigh settled for black skinny jeans, black hi-tops and a red t-shirt (black clothing was a signature for Leigh). Lisa was more feminine and wore a green floor length dress with sandals. When they decided they were done, they were on the road heading to the salon. Since it was a Friday the radio was pumping with the latest music and they enjoyed every bit of it. 45 minutes later they arrived at the salon and they were helped, instantly. They never spoke to each other much this morning but they enjoyed the silence of each other’s company. 3 hours later, a solid 3 hours later they were done. They both changed their hair colour, Lisa went lighter and Leigh went darker. 

“I love that your hair is darker, it makes you look lighter sis, them boys will be falling over their feet for you” Lisa said laughing

“Talk about me, look how good and amazing your eyes look with the light hair. I love it and every other man will to” Leigh said as they got into the car.

“Ag, stop it Leigh. But on a serious note, what are we wearing tonight since it’s at home by mom?”

“I was planning on putting a shirt on instead of this t-shirt. What about you?”

“Leigh, you can at least change shoes into heels” Lisa whined, shaking her head

“Fine, geezz its just shoes” Leigh answered in defeat.

“I’ll change into a shorter dress I think, yep I know what I’m wearing”

“So what do we do now?” Leigh asked at the robot

“We could go home and watch some dance videos to get ideas for the event?” Lisa asked

“Sounds like a plan then… I love it when we talk dance” they both laughed and drove home.

 ALEX

Waiting at the airport is quite frustrating especially when you alone, nervous and hungry. Adam waited for about 15 minutes when he saw decided to head to the KFC for some hot wings and a coke, but realised that Channing might be hungry when he landed, making him wait the 20 minutes out. The time went by sooner than he had expected, he had arranged with the security of the airport to have him exit through the back of the building, so that no inconvenience occurred. When he saw Channing he noticed how tall he was and felt a bit intimidated by this.

 “Mr Tatum, I’m Alex and I will be staying with you in the Hale residence”  

“Hi, please call me Channing. Thanks for helping me out Alex”

“No problem, want to get something to eat before we settle into your new home?”

“Please, the food on the airplane isn’t the best for a grown man’s appetite”

“Do you want to try something from Cape Town or want something known to the stomach?”

“Let me try some Cape Town food”

They got into Alex’s jeep and he thanked the security for their co-operation. As they drove Alex explain to Channing how things work in Cape Town and mentioned some of the area names as they passed.

 “I’ll order a steak gatsby and a coke if that’s alright?” 

“A gatsby?” Channing questioned

“Yes, it’s a big, long roll type of a thing filled with chips, pieces of steak and lettuce and tomato. You get to choose a sauce and how much you want it to be cut in”

“How long is this roll if you get to choose how much you want it cut in?”

“Well every take-away joint is different so some is about 60 cm”

“I think I might move here just for this chip roll called a gatsby” they both laughed as Alex pulled up in front the take-away joint.

“I suggest you stay inside the car, the girls around here have no mercy” Alex warned

“Sure thing” Channing answered

15 minutes later Alex got into the car to find Channing asleep. ‘Jetlag must have him by his balls’ Alex thought. As soon as the car started he woke a bit startled. They drove in silence only talking here and there. Soon they found themselves in front of Leigh’s home, their now new home.

 “So this is it” Alex started

“This house is a beaut, I love houses that’s Elizabethan with a modern twist” Channing spoke in awe

They entered the house and headed straight for the kitchen to eat.

 “Yeah, you can tell Leigh that later and make the happiest women alive”

“Where are we going later and who is Leigh?”

“Leigh is the owner of the house, my friend, Leigh and her sister Lisa, the one you replacing, is going to America for about 3 months and their parents are having a supper for their farewell. They leaving tomorrow. We invited.”

“Oh okay. Are you a choreographer yourself?”

“Yeah, I work for Leigh actual she has her own dance studio in the area called Twinkle Toes.”

“Nice, what time is supper and what time are you leaving. I don’t want to make you late”

“I’m known for being late so hopefully you will make me on time.  Supper is at 6 so we can leave at 5:15”

“Sounds great, its 3:45 now. That gives me 2 hours to get settled. Is there a dress code?”

“A jeans, shirt and sneakers works fine”

Soon they were off doing their own thing, Channing was unpacking his suit case while Alex went to the shop to get wine for Leigh and Lisa. He returned at 4:45 to find Channing sleeping on the couch. He was not sure if he had showered or anything.

“Hey, Channing time to get done” Alex shouted into the lounge from the kitchen, but he got no response. He placed his hand on Channing’s shoulder giving a light shake, he did not expect the response of Channing jumping up from the couch and wanting to attack him. At first Alex was startled but later burst into fits of laughter as he walked out of the lounge. At 5:15 both of them were ready to go. 

***********

sorry for the crappy chapter, was a bit busy.

XOXOXOXO