CHAPTER 11: The day before the day it ends.

LEIGH

“Who the hell would want to phone me on my day of rest?” Leigh moaned as she grabbed her phone off the night stand.

 “Leigh Hale, how may I help you?”

“Good morning Miss Hale I’m Alex Muller I was just wondering when do you plan on opening the damn door for me so I can move into my new home?”

“Oh shut it Alex, I’m still in bed and you complaining about me opening a door”

“Its 12:30 and you only woke up know, is someone inside, should I come later?”

 As Alex spoke Leigh had gotten up to open the door. She opened the door roughly and answered his question

 “No Alex no one is inside and yes you should come later” she said walking away from the door

“Leigh, why do you look like death?” 

“This isn’t the easiest move you know, since I’m swopping houses with you. Alex I’m warning you if anything goes wrong I’m personally going to cremate you and you will be awake when this happens”

“Geezz, relax, why don’t I make you a cup of coffee and you go sit down on the couch?”

“I’m hungry, so I’m heading to the kitchen. I’m making melted cheese. Do you want some?”

“Have I ever said no to a Leigh Hale’s cheese sandwich?”

“Alex, you never say no to food no matter who offers you food”

“Oh shut it Leigh” Alex huffed in annoyance

They remained in silence for a while, each of them doing their task in the kitchen until Alex broke the silence with his nosiness and curiosity

“Leigh, please don’t tell me Kyle is the reason for your mood. I know what happened yesterday and I feel that his on eating your mind, your heart and his slowly creeping into your soul and his not worth it”

“Thank you for the concern, but I’m okay, I just woke up in a grumpy mood there’s nothing to worry about. Kyle is in the past now and his will stay there. I know I’m bad at revealing my feelings, but I’m fine I can promise you that”

Leigh felt really bad for lying to everyone, but she didn’t like everyone knowing how she felt. She needed to come out of this trance of having a broken heart before she left to America. She was never one to let her feelings interrupt her mood, but this one was deeper than she had expected. Soon after she ate and had her coffee she hopped into the shower to freshen up for the day, even though the day was almost over. She decided to head to Twinkle Toes before going to fetch Lisa to go to Adam’s. She was greeted by her little dancers with hugs and little gifts they had got for her, this small reaction warmed her heart. She called all the dancers outside to do a small dance session for the last time before she leaves. Jessica joined in and they had a blast without knowing it their session went on for 3 hours and it was pure fun. They all stood in a circle and enjoyed the music that played. It ended swiftly as all the dancers started leaving or heading to the showers.

“Leigh, I just want to thank you for placing me in charge while you gone. This is a great honour for me. I’ll try not to let you down” Jessica said while they walked into the office.

“I would not have given this duty to anyone else Jesse, have faith in yourself I know you will do a great job. When I return, you will not stop with being in charge though, we will work together and be a trio at Twinkle Toes Me, you and Alex.” Jessica’s eyes lit up by this news and tears ran down her cheeks.

“Thank you again” she said before she walked away so that no one saw her cry.

 LISA

Today was a lazy day for Lisa, she decided to stay in bed until 1 pm before she got out and prepared herself and all her belongings for her great move. Leigh informed her that she will pick her up at 6pm for them to head out to eat. As time passed it was 6:30pm and still no sign of Leigh. Lisa was not sure if she should call or not. She packed her things close to the front door. She had 4 boxes and 5 bags, she hoped it will all fit in Leigh’s car. At 7:25pm she heard Leigh’s car hooter signalling that she arrived. She opened the front door to welcome Leigh inside but Leigh waited for her in the car, this was unlike her Lisa thought.

“Evening sis, will you help me pack my things in the car please” Lisa greeted

“Hello, sure just give me a sec” Leigh got out of the car and headed for the house

They quietly packed all her belongings in the Jeep before Leigh spoke.

“Sis, sorry for my silence but I think you should put the keys through the window since you won’t be returning”  

“It’s okay Leigh, I understand. Let me close all the other windows before I lock up”  

Not long there after Lisa returned with no key in her hand.

“How do you feel leaving this house?” Leigh asked as they drove to a pizza take out

“Since I’m leaving all the negativity there, I’m feeling really good” she answered.

“Great. New things equal to new beginnings” the hurt was evident in Leigh’s voice and all Lisa wanted to do is give her a huge hug but Leigh wasn’t one for affection.

About 2 hours later they entered Alex’s home, this will be the first time both of them will see what the inside of Alex’s home look like and they were impressed. Everything was neat and on its place. A sense relief came over both of them knowing that Leigh’s house will be well looked after and that Mr Tatum will be treated with great hospitality. Soon after settled their things where Alex said they could they sat in the lounge to eat, the pizza was cold but they enjoyed it that way.

“So what time his Mr Tatum landing tomorrow?” Leigh asked to decrease the tension

“He will be arriving at 2 tomorrow and you and we have an 8:30am appointment at the hair and beauty salon” Lisa winked

“You know I don’t do that girly stuff Lisa, don’t be impossible” Leigh complained

“But we need to look our best for Mr Tatum, and besides you need a massage” Lisa said playfully

“Will we be done in time to pick Mr Tatum up then?”

“Who told you that we picking him up, Alex is picking him up, they need time to bond. They will be joining us for dinner tomorrow and Jessica to”

"OMW I love you, because you need to meet her as well. She is an amazing person you won’t believe me until you meet her” Lisa said excitedly but spoke soon thereafter.

“Lisa, what dinner are you talking about?” Leigh was so confused

“Silly you, do you really think mommy won’t be making her fabulous food before we leave. Daddy is going to miss us and everybody else so it’s a sending off dinner, kind of” Lisa said laughing as she took their plates to the kitchen to wash them up.

Leigh poured the last of the wine, before drying off the plates. They soon said goodnight and both of them found sleep easily.