1. Rebirth

It's been four months. Four long months since I lost my baby and since I lost my brother. The only person I've been speaking to is Nik... but they're all just arguments. Whenever I see Elijah I just pass by him without a word. I get up every morning and leave the compound before sunrise and I'm back before sunset. I've been going to the bayou almost every single day because it's the only secluded place where I can be alone and whenever I'm not there I'm somewhere satisfying my hunger for blood or at Rousseau's.

I have no idea where Hayley is at or Jackson. I haven't been able to catch Ileana's scent, meaning she's not in town. She's god knows where. Stefan isn't picking up any of my calls. I don't know what to do anymore.

I'm here at the bayou, talking on the phone. "I know we aren't exactly friends. But I need a friend. Elena is all hopped up on witch-drugs to hallucinate Damon. And Stefan? I have no idea where is."

"Caroline, have you talked to him?" I asked her. The only reason I'm even picked up her call was to ask if she knew anything about Stefan.

"No. I call him every day and he doesn't pick up. It just goes straight to voicemail. Hey, it's Stefan. Leave a message and I'll get back to you. For four months I've been hearing that same message. We can even enter Mystic Falls. Elena is feeding off of people. She's basically a drug addict to witch drugs. I mean, you should be really thanking her for killing you because you would've never come back as human to get pregnant and.... oh... I forgot." Caroline says as she realizes I lost my daughter and it pisses me off.

"Yes, I should be thanking Elena for killing. Thank her for allowing me to come back as a human and get pregnant only to lose my daughter. Thank her for how miserable I'm feeling. And tell her I hate her now. Goodbye." I said and angrily hung up the phone.

I took off all my clothes and I let myself transform into a wolf before I ran through the woods.

***

(Narrator's POV) Klaus is listening to music on a record player while he furiously tries to stretch a canvas over a wooden frame for a painting. When he tears through the canvas, he angrily throws it all across the room, just as Elijah walks in.

Elijah picks up the canvas Klaus threw and examines it. "I suppose we shall have to call this your white period."

"I'm missing a crucial color in my palette...that of my enemies' blood." Klaus says, angrily.

Well, I recommend a Venetian red, with a dash of rust..." Elijah's joke causes Klaus to completely lose his temper.

"It's been months! I've adhered to our plan: sit and do nothing, sell our grief. And now, my child is safely away, and another full moon is upon us... another night of pathetic weakness as the moonlight rings steal my strength!" Klaus calms down slightly, though he's still clearly upset. "The inertia is killing me. I need to act. I-I-I need-- I need to spill blood."

"Well, then, you'll be pleased to know that I've located the last of the twelve rings forged with your blood."

"Then, it's time!" Klaus perks up.

"And none too soon. I'm concerned about Ava."

"She looks well enough," Klaus said.

"She looks no better than you, brother. Now, if the two of you would stop using each other for... coitus." Elijah says and Klaus laughs.

"It's grief sex, Elijah. We're grieving." Klaus said and Elijah gulps nervously. "Or are you here to tell me you want to comfort her because you feel something for her? I don't blame you for falling for her. I'm mean, who wouldn't fall for her? She's beautiful, she's sexy, she's funny, she has a smile so bright it made you smile, a laugh that made you laugh." Klaus says and he takes a step further to rile him up. "And she's great in bed. She's a wild one. The way she lets loose and..."