8. The Brother That Care Forgot

It's nighttime. We left Kol and Finn alone for the night. Everyone went to their rooms while me and Nik are taking a bath together. We haven't had much alone much these days.

Nik grabs the sponge and gently rubs it against my arm. "I killed my father."

It took me a moment to take in what he just said. "You killed Mikael?" I asked, completely shocked.

"No, my real father. Ansel."

Ansel? Where have I heard that name? Ansel. The guy who helped me save Oliver. I met Nik's biological father.

"He knew about Hope." Nik says as I quickly turn my head to look at him.

"What?"

"I wanted to trust him more than anything in the world. I wanted to, but... I couldn't be sure. And, I would never forgive myself if something happened to her because of my selfish desire for a father. So, I killed him. Without hesitation. I killed him."

I turn my whole body around and put my hand over his cheek as the bubbles of soap went over it. "You did it for our daughter. For Hope." I said and he gives me a kiss.

"I think Mikael knows about her, too." I said and Nik eyes widen in surprise. "When he took me hostage we were arguing and the topic about losing children came up and he said shouldn't it be two? Since the other is alive. I think he was talking about Hope."

"He wouldn't know. He's was probably talking about Ileana." Nik says and I nodded because he was probably right.

"There was a thing going on between Jackson and Ileana." I told him and he looks even more surprised. "I mean, her and Jackson?"

"You disapprove?"

"Yeah." I said as if wasn't obvious. "But he told me it was over between."

"And you believed him?" Nik asks and my eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"Why? Do you know something I don't?" I asked and he shook his head no. I laid back down with my back against his chest and brushed his fingertips over my stomach. He takes a hold of my hand and leaves a trail kisses up to my neck. "We shouldn't do this."

"Why not?"

"My brothers are here." I told him.

"The room is spelled. They won't hear a thing." Nik smirks and I rolled my eyes at him.

"It's just... finding out about Elijah, everything is so..."

"Awkward." Nik says, finishing my sentence and I nodded.

"Very awkward. It shouldn't be but it is. I really want to this with you but not right now." I said as I kissed him. "Let's get out of here. My fingers are getting all pruney and the water is getting cold."

We both stood up at the same time and I let my eyes travel over his body. "Eyes up here, love." Nik says as I looked up at him and he's grinning. I rolled my eyes at him, playfully. He grabs a towel and wraps it around my body, pulling me into a kiss.

We went into our room as I walked over to the rectangular furniture with six drawers and I got one of his shirts. I took off the towel and when it drops to the floor, I felt his arms wrapped around me. "You look stunning." He whispers in my ear as I turned around and smiled at him.