5. Red Door

I made it to Davina Claire's family cabin and I saw Nik on the front porch perfectly alive. I saw Davina unconscious on the floor and some other person next to her. I didn't have time to see who it was because I was angry with Nik for worrying me.

"You idiot!" I shouted at Nik and he turns around to see me. He looks surprised but also not surprised to see me. I angrily walked towards him."Do you know how much you scared me?"

Nik smiles at me and pulls me into a kiss which dials down my anger. I pulled away breathless and he's smiling. "You were taking too long."

"I'm still really really angry with you." I said and he continued to smile. "And I really want to slap you but I also want to kiss you."

"I'll take the second option, love." Nik says, giving me another kiss and my anger completely dissolved into nothingness. He pulls away as he puts his hand over my cheek and smiles.

"Where's Mikael?" I asked as I looked around.

"I used Papa Tunde's on him." Nik says and I looked at him as if he's joking. "You told me to make him suffer. The blade causes excruciating pain one's mind cannot imagine."

"I meant, like, make him suffer by killing him."

"Oh, hello again darling." I heard a voice say and I looked to see Kaleb.

"You." I glared at him.

"Me." Kaleb smirks. "Back to huff and puff and blow the house down?" He says, sarcastically.

"You know, it's funny how often a person's sharp tongue can end up cutting their own throat." Nik says and I smiled. "Love, get the car. I'll be there in a minute."

I grabbed the keys from Nik's hand and the white oak stake. I gave him a quick kiss before I left. I went to the car and when I went to open the door I saw a shadow over me. I turn around and my eyes widen in fear.

"Mikael."

"Hello, again." He smirks before snapping my neck.

***

(Narrator's POV) Klaus is standing on the front porch of the cabin and he looks at Kaleb, curiously, who continues to check on Davina.

"You've got a way with words," Klaus said.

"Well, I've traveled." Kaleb said as he stood up and walks over to Klaus.

"You seem to have crossed continents to order to weasel your way into Davina's good graces, thereby meddling in my family business. Strange, isn't it?" Klaus smiles and Kaleb smirks but says nothing, which seems to confirm Klaus' suspicions. "Unless it's your family business. You know, ever since my mother and Finn, I was wondering when you might make an appearance, Kol."

"Then the jig is up!" Kol laughs as he bows dramatically to Klaus. "Hello, brother."

"It's not that I begrudge you hitching a ride back to the land of the living. It's just that you're making all the wrong friends, brother. And, I have half a mind to show you how wrong you are."

Kol continues to smirk as he leans in to whisper to Klaus. "But you're not going to do that, are you? I saw Ava Rose a couple of times at Rousseau's. I saw her with her brother. What was his name? Stefan? Almost blew my cover."

"Ava!" Klaus shouts for his wife. "You will not believe who Kaleb is."

Kol's eyes widen in fear as he knew what this meant. Klaus gets worried when Ava doesn't answer so he walks toward the car. "Ava?"