7. Chasing the Devil's Tails

Damon, Stefan, and I are at a club. The music is playing very loud that I could feel the music vibrating throughout my body. Damon and I are dancing while Stefan is at the bar drinking. We're all drunk... well, only me and Damon are drunk.

"I really happy you're here." I shouted over the music and Damon smiles.

"Here." He says, handing me the bottle of bourbon.

"Watch this." I said as I danced towards Stefan and he's looking at me wondering what I'm up too. I opened his mouth and poured the bourbon in his mouth. "Let loose Stef. Our brother is back from the dead."

I grabbed a girl and I looked at her in the eyes. "Get him drunk and show him how to party." I compelled the girl and she takes Stefan's hand as she leads him to the dance floor.

"I can't wait to see how this turns out." Damon says and I smiled at him before I vamp-speed and grabbed a bottle of champagne.

I stood on top of the bar and pop the champagne open. It sprayed over the crowd of people and they cheered me on. "Let's get this party started!!!!!"

***

I woke up the next morning on the floor in the club. I think I passed out by the amount of alcohol I consumed hours ago. I see Stefan sleeping on a booth and Damon is literally sleeping on the bar. I walked over to him and shook him to wake up him.

"Damon." I said but he doesn't wake up so I shook him harder that he falls off the bar, knocking off everything. I put my hand over my mouth to keep myself from laughing.

Damon stands up with his hand on his forehead. "Really, Ava?" He says and I chuckled a bit.

Stefan wakes up and walks over to us. "We should get going," my brother said.

"Yeah, let's go." Damon said as he drinks something and he made a face. "Tequila."

***

I'm back at the compound. Damon and Stefan are staying in the guest rooms. I walked into my room and laid next to Nik. "Fun night?" Nik asks as I closed my eyes.

"Oh, I have a headache." I said as I laid my head on his chest and he pulls my hair back. "Stefan had a fun night. He was drunkenly making out with some hot girl. I passed out on the floor and Damon passed out on top of the bar."

I looked at Nik and he doesn't say anything.

"I know I shouldn't be partying this hard since now I'm a mother and I should be helping you help Elijah. It's been three days since Damon got back." I said, feeling guilty.

"Love, you don't have to apologize. Your brother coming back is the best thing that happened to you these past few months." Nik said as I felt myself drifting to sleep.

"I love you, Nik." I said before I fell asleep.

***

I woke up a couple of hours later and Nik isn't next to me. I went to Elijah's room where I heard Nik talking.

"Let me help end whatever torment she has forced upon you." Nik said and I saw his nose starting to bleed.