10. Gonna Set Your Flag on Fire

I got a couple of hours of sleep last night. Damon and Stefan came in last night but Hope was sleeping so I didn't tell them. It's six in the morning and my daughter is awake. Hope is laying in bed next to me and she's drinking from her bottle while poking my face. Earlier when she woke up, I changed her diaper and I put her clothes on for today.

An hour later, I heard my brothers talking in the living room so I picked my daughter up and went to the living room. They turned around when they heard me entering the room.

"I have someone I want you to meet." I said as I walked over to them. "This is Hope. Mines and Nik's daughter."

They looked at me stunned and confused. "What?"

"We had to send her away to protect her." I said and they still have a surprised look on their faces as they tried to comprehend what was going on. "You have to understand that when you leave here, this secret cannot leave with you."

Damon was the first to walk up to me and he looks at me in the eyes before looking at my daughter. "Can I?" He asks and I nodded as I handed him Hope. He lets out a laugh out of excitement as he bounced Hope in his arms. "She looks like you."

I smiled at my oldest brother and then I look at my youngest brother. "Stefan?"

Stefan looks at me and a smile appears on his face as he hugs me. After a moment, Stefan pulls away and looks at my daughter. He touches her cheek gently and Hope wraps her hand around his finger, "She's the new addition to the Salvatore family." Stefan smiles making me smile.

"Is it Hope Mikaelson or Hope Salvatore?" Damon asks and I give him a look because he knows I'm married to Nik and that he's the father of Hope.

"Mikaelson." I said and he smiles as he goes back to doting Hope.

"Baby Klaus." He calls my daughter, making me shake my head with a smile. I knew he was going to come up with a nickname.

***

It's almost ten in the morning. Stefan and Damon have been taking turns with Hope for the last three hours. I thought they were going to be upset that I kept it from them but they weren't. They were happy for me. I don't think I ever seen Damon carry a child before. As a matter of fact, I've never seen any one of them carry a child before.

Right now Damon and Stefan are sitting on the couch and Damon is carrying my daughter and I'm sitting across on another couch, watching them.

"Let me carry her." Stefan says as he tries to grab her  but Damon doesn't let him.

"Sorry, Stef, but I just got her." Damon says with a smirk.

"That was 45 minutes ago." Stefan points out.

"So?"

"Damon, let me..."

"Are you guys fighting over my daughter?" I asked, smiling, and both of my brothers turn to look at me.

"No." Stefan said.

"Yes." Damon said and I grinned.

Before I could say anything, I ears picked up the noise of an approaching car and I looked at my daughter, happily. "Daddy's home, baby." I said and I looked at Damon. "Hold her for a sec, will you?"

As I walked over to the front door I heard voices coming from outside. I heard that it was Nik and Cami.

He didn't. He did not.

"He won't find you here. This is the safest place you could possibly be. Come on. There's someone I want you to meet."

I opened the front door because I wasn't going to let Cami see my daughter and possibly risking her safety. Why the hell he would bring her here?