Stand out, fit in

Not my image!

Not my image!

Noah's POV:

Some days are just bad days, that's all. You have to experience sadness to know happiness, and I remind myself that not every day is going to be a good day. That's just the way it is. I'm Noah and I'm 23 years old and I live in a rundown apartment with my younger sister, Fauna. In order for me to support us I joined a gang at the age of 14 when my sister was 9 years old.

You may be wondering why I had to join a gang to support both my sister and myself at such a young age. Because back then we were nothing but orphans on the streets that nobody cared about begging for food. Our mother died from a sickness no one could identify and our father died in a hit and run by a drunk driver before Fauna was born. I swear to myself to take care of my sister even if I had to kill to do it. This is why I'm taking a dangerous job to kill someone of importance; if I succeed, the pay will enable us to leave that rundown apartment.

I could finally give my sister nice things, a better life, a comfortable neighborhood, and even send her to college. If you are wondering who this man is, he is the lift hand man of a gang called the fallen. The fucker is going to be extremely difficult to take down, but nothing is able to stop me from making a better life for Fauna. I walk toward the building where my target is and head inside with my weapons ready. Knowing I'm likely to enjoy killing this man, I grinned sinisterly. The lift hand man of the fallen going to have a special time.

Hours pass

Author's POV:

Noah walked home on foot after collecting money from his well-done job. Not minding his broken right arm or the stab wounds on his chest and legs. Being aware that his sister will have a fit when she sees him like this. As Noah returns to the apartment, he doesn't notice the figures following him in the shadows. As one pulls out a cell phone and talks to someone on the other end.

 As one pulls out a cell phone and talks to someone on the other end

Fauna Pov:

I was getting worried because my brother hadn't been home since last night. I wish he had just found a regular job instead of staying in that gang of his. I know the gang has helped us in the long run, but there comes a time when it's time to stop. At some point, he is most likely to get caught by the police, or even worse, he may end up dead, and I do not want that to happen. When I heard a knock at my door, I sighed to myself, but before I could answer, someone kicked it open.

Scaring the living daylights out of me about 10 or 12 men rushed into me and my brother's appointment. About two guys put their hands on me and held me down, asking me if I knew what my brother did? I was too scared to answer so the two guys held me up off my feet as one of them hit me in the face. Making me yell out in pain while I have tears in my eyes trying not to cry. The leader of the group of these men came toward me and told me that they were planning to have some fun with me. He also said that I should only put the blame on my brother.

30 minutes pass

Author's POV:

When Noah finally made it home, he felt something wasn't right as he walked up to the door of his appointment. As he ran in, he saw two men beating up his sister and fear began to set in. During the last 30 minutes Fauna was in hell. She couldn't even keep her eyes open until the leader spoke. When Fauna hears her brother's name, tears begin to fall from her eyes, and she calls for him. Noah was furious how dare these assholes hurt his sister.

He attacks them regardless of how hurt he is from his last job or who they are. He was able to free his sister but got shot while doing so. He then backed up into a well and held his sister in his arms trying to protect her. But nothing could stop the men from pointing guns at them. Fauna closed her eyes knowing what was going to happen next. Noah in his final words to his sister said sorry knowing they were about to die as bullets were let loose.