Chapter 5 : lie flowers and honest feelings

The first place Fluttershy thought to look was sugarcube corner and luckily they were all there. Pinkie was racing around filling orders but stopping to talk to her friends every now and again. The first one to notice her was Apple jack “Howdy sugarcube” she said which drew the attention of her other friends. Smiling Fluttershy made her way over to them. “Hello Fluttershy” Rarity said as Fluttershy sat down next to her and the others. Fluttershy listened to her friends for a little while before getting up enough courage to ask her question. “Um girls” Fluttershy called quietly. They stopped chatting and looked at her. “Ya sugarcube” Applejack answer for the group. “I-I have a question” she said fiddling with her hoofs on the table. “Have your hearts ever raced when you were around somepony” Fluttershy asked looking at her friends shyly. Her friends were silent for a minute before “WHAT!” Rainbow dash yelled standing from her seat in shock. Twilight and Applejack just sat there mouths slightly parted. Rarity was hiding a smile behind her hoofs eyes sparkling with glee. Pinkie had stopped in mid bounce and was now suspended in mid air in surprise. Twilight was the first to snap out of it. “Umm, Fluttershy what did you just say” she asked her. “I-If your hearts ever raced when you were with somepony” Fluttershy repeated. “Fl-Fluttershy do- do you have a crush on somepony” Rainbow dash asked. “C-crush” Fluttershy stammered out. (Did she- did she like Discord like that) she thought blushing. (No, it couldn’t be, could it) she questioned herself. Pinkie pie gasped and ran over to her yelling “FLUTTERSHY YOU HAVE A SPECIAL SOMEPONY!” “I-I don’t r-really know” Fluttershy said her cheeks flushing more. “It sounds like you have a crush to me darling, how romantic” Rarity said swooning. “Good for ya Fluttershy” Apple jack congratulated her. Rainbow just wrinkled her nose at all the girly talk. For the next three hours Fluttershy was bombarded with questions about her special somepony. She never told them his name or who he really was, which her friends found odd. But they didn't pry thinking that she was to shy to tell them who it was because it was somepony they knew.
After giving them vague answers Fluttershy said her goodbyes to her friends before leaving. “So who do you think her special somepony is” Pinkie said excitedly. “Hmm, I wonder” Twilight pondered “Well, I'm happy for her” Apple jack said eating her apple cupcake. “I think a romance is good for her” Rarity said taking a sip of her drink. “I still think it's mushy and gross” Rainbow said cringing at the thought of a mushy romance.

Once home Fluttershy fed her animals before heading off to bed.

~Fluttershy's Dream~

She was flying in the sky feeling free and happy. When she felt a pear of arms wrap around her from above her. She let out a squeak of surprise. Looking above her she let out a sigh of relief at the sight. It was Discord. He was holding her in his arms. “Hello my dear” he said giving her a smirk. Her cheeks flushed but she gave him a smile. “H-hello” she squeaked back as she felt Discord's arms tighten around her. Her heart was racing again (Why was Discord holding her like this) she thought. She was so confused she'd never felt this for anypony before. But it felt nice. Being held like this, feeling his warmth, looking into his crimson pupils. She was so lost in her thought that when she felt  lips on hers she froze. Discord was kissing her. She was shocked, but she didn't pull away from him. The kiss was brief but sweet. When Discord pulled away Fluttershy was dazed her heart racing faster. (Discord kissed her!?) she thought, her face burning. All she could do was look at Discord and placed a hoof to her lips before her vision went blurry-

~End of Fluttershy's Dream~

Fluttershy eyes snapped open her face flushed with a bright blush. “Oh my” Fluttershy said burying her face in her pillow. That dream was something she never experience before. Did she really like Discord in that way, was she in love with Discord. She knew she felt comfortable around him, she could talk to him so much easier then anypony she's ever met before, he made her laugh like no other pony could. Not even Pinkie and she was the element of laughter. When she was with him she could say she felt free, so free and happy when she was with Discord. She could admit that she has some feelings for him, but was it love. She didn’t know. With a sigh she laid back down and try to work out her feelings for him until she fell asleep again.

The next morning Fluttershy woke and was still confused about her feelings. (Maybe she should tell him how she felt. But would he feel the same, did she really feel that way towards him, did she like the spirit of disharmony) she thought getting up and getting ready for the day. Heading down the stairs she sees Angel still napping on the couch. She gave him a smile before heading off to tend to her animals. Once she was done she headed off into the forest to meet up with Discord for the day. She was glad that she could navigate the forest to Discord's place with ease now. When she got to the clearing she didn’t see Discord. So she decided to look around for him. First she check the cave to see if he was in there. Then the nearby lake where she found him floating on one of his cotton candy clouds and staring at the sky above him in thought. When she reach the edge of the lake she called out to him. “Discord!” she called hoping to get his attention. Discord started at her voice causing him to fall off the cloud he was lying on and into the lake. She couldn’t help a small giggle from escaping her as Discord flailed in the water. Once out he laid on the ground next to Fluttershy. “Are you okay” she asked. “Yes, just needed to cool off” he said getting up off the ground and shaking the water off himself. Fluttershy laughed at his comment. Discord couldn’t help but smile. He loves her laugh. It made him feel whole like he never knew he needed to be in his thousand years of imprisonment. It just felt right. “So what brings you here today” he asked. “Oh, I umm was wondering if you could give me more flying lessons” she asked shyly. He thought about it. ( It wouldn’t hurt to teach her some more and maybe he can sort through his feelings). “Alright my dear, I'll help you” he agreed. Fluttershy cheeks flushed at the name again but gave him a bright smile. Which Discord returned.

For the rest of the day they worked on Fluttershy's speed, endurance, and keeping balance in strong winds. When the sun was setting over the Horizon the decided to call it a day. As usual Discord walked her home even though she already knew the path. But now it had become a routine for him to walk with her. And Fluttershy really couldn’t complain. She enjoyed these walks through the forest with Discord, they could just walk and enjoy the sounds of nature. Once home she waved goodbye to Discord and went about feeding the animals before heading inside to feed Angel, eat, and go to bed.

After a week and a half  Fluttershy was still a little unsure about her feelings. But she knew she liked Discord more then a friend. With a sigh she Headed off to meet up with Discord for more lessons. Once she arrived she saw Discord waiting for her. She noticed he looked nervous about something. “Hello Discord” she greeted. “Hello my dear” he answered not meeting  her eyes. Fluttershy was confused. What was wrong with Discord, and why was his face tinting red. “Well, lets start today’s lesson” Discord said not waiting for Fluttershy to answer before taking off into the air. Fluttershy was puzzled but followed. They flue for a couple of hours before Discord landed on a cliff over looking the forest. Fluttershy landed beside him. “I thought you might like the sunset from up here” Discord told her as he got comfortable by the ledge.  “Thank you Discord, this view is beautiful” she said giving him a lovely smile.

Discord could feel his face heat up at her smile. Today was the day he'd tell her about his feelings he has for her and hope for the best. Taking a deep breath he turned to her, and froze. Fluttershy was looking out at the forest, her pale rose colored hair blowing in the gentle breeze, her cyan eyes sparkling with happiness as she watched the setting sun. Discord was awestruck. (She's the most beautiful pony I have ever seen) he thought watching her. Taking another breathe in to calm his nerves, he started. “Umm, Fluttershy” he said. Fluttershy turned her head to face him. “Yes” she said waiting for him to continued. “I um t-this is a lovely spot” he stammered out. Fluttershy gave him another smile. “Yes its beautiful” she said looking out over the forest. “Yes beautiful” he said looking at her. He had to think of a way to confess to her.
Suddenly and idea came to him. He would let her choose for herself. “Fluttershy” he said his voice braver now. “Yes” she respond as she continued to watch the sunset. “Do you have a special s-somepony” he asked. Fluttershy flushed “um, n-no I-I don't have a special s-somepony” she stuttered out. “would you be mine” he asked quickly without thinking. “W-what” she squeaked. “I'm asking you to be my special somepony” he said, face turn slightly red. Fluttershy was shocked. Discord was asking to be her special somepony. (Why?) she thought. Then an idea came to mined. (Was this a prank?) she thought and then she frowned. The thought alone made her heart ache. Discord started to worry when he saw her frown. “Discord” she called not meeting his eyes. “Is-is this a prank” she asked. Discord was very shocked. He would never lie to her never to her. Other ponies on the other hand he would lie too. “No it’s  not a prank Fluttershy, I would never lie to you” he told her. He could see that she still looked unsure. Thinking fast he used his magic to  conjure up a flower. The flower had shimmering cyan petals, a dark green stem and a sweet sent. “Here” he said handing it to her. “What is this” she asked him. “it's a lie flower, if someone lies to you the color of the flower will turn from cyan to white, but only if somepony is lying to you, not if you are lying to somepony else” he told her. Fluttershy stared for a moment longer before taking the flower into her hoofs.
Face tented a slight pink she asked her question to Discord. “Did you mean what you said, about you wanting me to be your special somepony” she asked and waited hesitantly. “Yes” was his answer. And to Fluttershy shock he was telling the truth, the flower never changed. He really wanted to be her special somepony. Fluttershy could feel her cheeks heating up. ( Discord really wants to be my special somepony! ) she thought. “So what do you say, will you be my special somepony” he asked. “I um” she responded. She didn’t know what to say. No one had asked her that before. (But would it really be so bad to be with Discord, it wouldn’t hurt to give it a shot, would it?) she thought. “Um o-okay” she said blushing and looking away from Discord. Discord was worried that she would say no to his suggestion. So he was surprised when she said yes. He couldn’t believe it. She had agreed to be his special somepony. Without thinking he wrapped her up in his arms in a tight hug with a huge smile. Fluttershy was startled at the sudden embrace at first, but soon enjoyed the hug. Discord was so warm, she couldn’t help a small smile from appearing on her face. They stayed like that for a little while before Discord pulled back from the embrace still smiling. “well it's getting late my dear, time to head back” he said extending his paw for her to take. Taking his paw in her hoof she looked over to see that it was indeed late.  Only a tiny part of the sun was visible and she could already see the moon and stars in the sky. Once she was standing besides him she gave him another smile before they took off into the night sky together.

When they reached her house Fluttershy was surprised that Discord actually went past the tree line and walked her to the door. Wishing Discord a good night she head to her door before a voice stopped her. “Um Fluttershy” she heard. “Yes” she answered as she turned to face him. “I was wondering if you would join me for a picnic tomorrow “ he asked his cheeks flushing. (Is-is he asking me on a date!?) she thought, her cheeks flushing  as well. After a minute she answered. “Yes, that sounds wonderful”. Discord gave her a smile before taking her hoof and kissing it. “Until tomorrow then, my dear” he said, then with a snap of his tail he was gone leaving behind a furiously blushing pony.