Alive

Naruto flew across the landscape, using Flash step to speed up. He soon approached the Ruins of Uzushio.

Naruto hadn't known, until the war, that Shisui had still been alive. A reanimated Shisui had told him how he truly died. Blind, he had wandered to Uzushio, where he was hoping for a peaceful life, but instead was killed by a rouge nin.

Naruto sped up as he felt the chakra flicker dangerously. He saw Shisui, on the ground, rolling away from an attack that he barely sensed.

"Shisui!" Naruto didn't slow down as he barreled into the enemy, knocking them back several yards. Shisui coughed, blood flecking his lips. Naruto allowed the henge to fall, and his eyes froze, becoming chips of ice as Kurama's golden chakra washed over him. The enemy stood up, stumbling, and Naruto quickly cut him down. He turned to SHisui, who had eased himself up.

"Who are you?" He asked.

"Aw, Karasaru-nii, you don't remember?"

Shisui's empty sockets widened. "Naruto? You sound way older though.... aren't you twelve now?"

"Technically. I'm twelve most of the time. Now let's heal you up." Golden chakra washed over Shisui, and Naruto placed his hands over Shisui's eye sockets, regenerating his eyes. Shisui stifled a scream as a few of his bones re-broke before healing correctly.

"There, all better."

Shisui opened his eyes and cried as he finally looked at the world again. He turned and looked at Naruto, who smiled, before slipping back into his henge.

"I'll explain later. For now, just make sure your body works as it used to. Here, It's not a Tanto, but..." Naruto tossed the Uchiha his Wakizashi and turned.

"Sasuke is in danger, and I'm sure he would like to see his cousin again."

Shisui nodded, and they took off, Shisui popping a soldier pill into his mouth, his chakra rapidly returning. Naruto grabbed Shisui and flashed to Kakashi. 

"Shisui!?"

"No time to explain Kashi, We need to stop the others from dying!"

Naruto flashed into the house, henge reactivated. He kept his abilities limited to barely scraping Chunin as he and Shisui took down thug after thug, wading their way towards Sasuke and Sakura, who were nearly overwhelmed. Sasuke was trying to defeat the thugs while also protecting Sakura, and Sakura was deflecting attacks that should be no problem to block.

"What the hell has Konoha been teaching the Academy students!?" Shisui exclaimed. Sasuke looked up, the voice hauntingly familiar, yet impossible too place. He saw a face that he hadn't seen in over four years.

"Shisui!? I thought..."

"What matters is I'm alive! Now Kiddo, focus on the enemy, I'll protect your teammate. You focus on fighting."

Sasuke nodded, and turned back to the battle, taking down a scrawny thug who was wildly swinging a club twice his size.

Naruto danced through the thugs, taking them down with little effort. Their numbers were steadily decreasing and Naruto hummed softly to himself as he killed one after another.

'Another sleepless night.'

Naruto looked at the sky as his Kunai slid across a thugs neck. 'Just like in the war. Whenever I take a life, I am unable to sleep.'

Sasuke was confused. Ever since Naruto changed, Miracles have been happening, almost like he was causing them. Shisui, who everyone thought either killed himself or was killed by Itachi, waltzed in like they had seen each other just yesterday, not many years ago. But a small piece of Sasuke fell back into place. He wasn't the "Last Uchiha" anymore.

He fought thug after thug, not realizing he had killed many of them. He stopped, panting, as he took down the last thug. He turned to Shisui.

"I'm glad you're alive Itoko."

Shisui grinned. "Glad to be back. I'd be dead if it weren't for Naru-ack! Hey! What was that for?!"

Naruto sighed. "There are more outside, let's go help 'Kashi. Sasuke-nii, help Sakura and then go find Haku. He should be in Tazuna's room."

Sasuke nodded. Shisui and Naruto ran outside, watching carefully as Naruto expanded his senses, searching for the silver haired nin.

When he found him, he rushed to the location. He searched for the marked kunai, and flashed to it. His henge slipped off.

Blood flew and a cough was heard, blood flying past lips.

"Dammit.... Ita-"

Everything faded to black.

AN// I apologize. I tend to leave y'all hangin' . What's gonna happen next, who was hurt? ah, decisions decisions. First to guess gets a shout out~