Chapter 17

Colby's P.O.V

A gasp escapes my lips as I watched the students crowd up together, surrounding who knows what. I ran faster, Sam right by me. Pushing through the amused teenagers, Sam grabbed my arm and kept me back. And my heart dropped..

"S-Stop!" I yelped and struggled against Sam who held me back from harm. "Chandler, stop! Leave him alone!" I yelled again, feeling tears brim my eyes as he threw punches and punches at Jake, beating him brutally.

Managing to slip out of Sam's grasp, I ran through and pushed Chandler away. Yet, what happened next caught us all by surprise; especially me. Chandler swung his arm towards me, the back of his hand colliding harshly with my cheek, leaving a reddened mark.

Letting out a sob once I dropped down, the tension in the room increased as gasps were spread here and there. Furious and revengeful, Sam sprinted towards us, tackling the other to the ground and began throwing hands.

Snapping out of their daze, students rushed forward and tried holding Sam back as he had now left the other bloody and beaten. But that wasn't enough for Sam. He struggled against the others, thrashing and screaming in fury.

Tears streamed down my face as the voices faded away and my vision blurred..

-

Sam lets out a hiss once his unclenched fists met the cold water running down the tap, cleaning off the blood. Once cleaned off, the nurse wrapped his bruised knuckles with a bandage, making sure it was sturdy.

Walking towards me, Sam laid his forehead against mine and rested his hands on my thighs as I was sitting down. He caressed my cheek, making me wince and making his face sadden.

"I'm not gonna hurt you." He whispered and shook his head lightly. "I'll never hurt you." He whispered, a tear rolling down his cheek. I leaned into his hand, feeling the safety he brings come back to me.

"I-I know." I whispered, wrapping my arms around him and sniffling. He ran a hand through my hair and kissed my forehead. Soon enough, Jake walked into the room, a little bandage on the bridge of his nose and another on his eyebrow. His lip was busted and a black eye was bound to form around his eye.

I felt horrible for him. I hopped of the medical bed and walked towards him, hugging him. "I'm so sorry." I said, a little over a whisper as I clenched his shirt. "Don't be." He shook his head, and hugged me just as much. "Don't blame yourself it's not your fault." He said again and I sniffled against his chest.

I pulled away and wiped my eyes, letting out a shaky breath. "Hey, at least I'll look bad ass now." He smiled making us laugh lightly. "You three are excused." The nursed announced as she walked into the room.

We thanked her and walked out, meeting the cold eyes of Chandler Russet. Sam grabbed my hand and gave it a light squeeze. I smiled lightly. Today never should have happened. Yet it was fate..

521 words