Dorms

"So you guys have a lot of magic here in Auradon? Like wands and things like that?" Mal questioned

"So you guys have a lot of magic here in Auradon? Like wands and things like that?" Mal questioned. Gene just stared in awe at the world around her. From what little she saw of the Isle, this was so much better. So much better kept, less people stealing or selling damaged things and conning anyone. She didn't really listen to the questions at that point which meant she didn't notice the small smiles and glances the prince was giving her. Instead she was consumed in her own world, everything catching her attention. "Yeah, it exists of course, but it's been pretty much retired. Most of us here are just ordinary mortals!" Ben smiled while his eyes wondered round the hall they were in. "Who just happen to be Kings and Queens?" Gene slightly sassed the boy. He just smiled wider at her. 

"That's true!" Audrey exclaimed before Ben could continue. She was practically hanging on to Ben, as if she was a wolf marking her territory. "Our royal blood goes back hundreds of years," she sighed as she draped Ben's arm round her shoulders. He just laughed uncomfortably, as she giggled, looking for an escape. "Doug!" Ben quickly brought his arm off as he walked towards a boy on the stairs. "Doug, come down!" Gene and Audrey stared at each other. Gene showed no emotion on her face as Audrey did the most fake smile possible. Ben chuckled, still nervous, drawing Gene's attention away. She felt a weird, and a not so nice, feeling in her stomach as he laughed. It felt horrid but at the same time magical. "This is Doug. He's going to help you with your class schedules and show you the rest of the dorms," Ben walked away from Doug, who Evie was smirking at, and back to Audrey.

"I'll see you later, okay? And if there is anything you need, feel free to-" Ben and Gene's eyes locked and as he spoke, the both of them felt like they were the only people there. Cliche but true. "Ask Doug!" Audrey interrupted. This time Gene and Audrey shared a fake laugh and Mal smirked proudly at the Gothel girl. Gene learnt fast. Audrey suddenly walked away, dragging Ben as he still seemed uneasy. Gene watched them walk away until the boy in front started talking, her eyes snapped to him, eyebrow raised in curiousity. "Hey guys, I'm Dopey's son! As in Dopey, Doc, Bashful, Happy, Grumpy, Sleepy and...Heigh-ho," he breathed out as he saw Evie. Gene smirked at the Isle girl and the Auradon boy. She then slowly let a smile rest on her lips, noticing that Doug seemed like a good guy. He just had this way he held himself and nervously fiddled with the clipboard in his hands, he was okay.

"Evie, Evil Queen's daughter," she strutted forward, looking him up and down, and Doug stared slightly before snapping out of it. "So, about your classes," His voice was high pitch, a small cough escaping his lips and his voice dropped a tad, "I put in the requirements already," Gene and the boys stayed back as Mal and Evie, who was twirling a strand of her blue hair, looked at the clipboard he held. "History of woodsmen and pirates, safety rules for the Internet, and, uh, remedial goodness 101,"

Mal smirked as she grabbed a sweet from her pocket. "Let me guess, new class?" Her eyes flickered across her friends before settling on Doug. She popped the sweet in her mouth as she spoke. The boy nodded, gulping. Evie, who was still twirling her hair, made eye contact with Mal and both smirked. Jay tapped his shoulder into Gene's, causing the girl to stumble. He chuckled, "You good? Daydreaming of a certain soon-to-be-king?" Gene stared at Jay with an emotionless stare. "Dude," she said with a 'Seriously?!' tone. He laughed again as they started to follow Mal. Gene didn't know where they were going but she knew she had to stay close to them. After the car ride, she had relaxed around them. They were no longer avoiding her like the plague and she knew they were the ones she should feel comfortable around when here, in this strange place. She was letting herself be comfortable with the small interactions. 

"Uh, yeah, your dorms are that way guys," Doug pointed to the opposite direction as they all started to head that way. As they passed, Doug started listing off the dwarfs, counting on his fingers, "Dopey, Doc, Bashful, Happy, Grumpy, Sleepy and?" He questioned himself. A hand landed on his shoulder and he looked shocked to the person. "Sneezy," Carlos stopped next to him and as Gene passed, she dragged him along by his jacket.

🍫

The three girls walked into their dorm, looking round cautiously. The Gothel girl wanted no more than to rip it to shreds because it was pink. Pink. Sure she despised red and gold but she loathed pink. She already felt sick. But she knew, a bit of paint and design changes and it might actually be half decent room. Her eyes fell onto the bed and she wanted no more than to sleep. But not her kind of sleep, instead like an actual sleep. She hadn't one since, well, never. Evie was the first to speak, "This place is so amazing-"

"Gross,"

"I know right, amazingly gross, ew," she corrected her words before turning to the brunette, who Evie knew wouldn't shut down her opinion, doing a silent squeal making Gene laugh lightly. "Ugh, I'm going to need some serious sun screen, E," Mal pointed to the curtains and her and Evie went straight to do that. Meanwhile, Gene went straight to the bed on the opposite side of the room to the others. She sighed, finally understanding the meaning of the word comfort. How anyone left these things was a mystery. "That is much better," Mal turned and saw the girl who was laying on her bed. A smirk had painted itself on her lips as she approached the brunette, "So, you and Beasty boy? Those little looks? The fact you actually talked to him?" Mal questioned, Evie squealed and Gene groaned into her pillow. "I talk, just when my mother's not around," Gene mumbled. Evie sat next to her, eyebrow raised in a look that made Gene  grumble slightly under her breath. It was look that basically said you can't lie to us. "So do you like him?" The bluenette repeatedly poked her shoulder, Gene swatting her hand away. "He's alright, just too...good," she pushed her roommate's hand away and tried to sleep as Mal cackled at her response.

🍫

Gene stumbled into the boys' dorm after the girls. She was woken up not long ago from a pillow to the head and someone screaming in her ear. Still half asleep, she slid down a wall and watched the rest of the VKs. They were all talking or off in their own things. Her eyes traced over the game that Carlos was playing. Then to Evie who was investigating the boys' room with a look of interest or distaste, Gene wasn't sure. Last but not least, to Mal frowning at Jay, who was pulling various things out of his pockets. "Jay what are you doing?"

"It's called stealing," he answered as he threw things onto his bed. Gene watched him, eyebrows brought together in confusion. "Ok, what's the point?" Mal questioned, hands on hips, eyes fixated on the random objects. "Well, Mal, it's like buying whatever I want, except it's free," Jay pulled a laptop from behind his back and Gene had to do a double take. How in Auradon did he manage to steal a laptop?  "Ok, so you could do that," Mal picked up a phone from the collection of watches, wallets, purses and mirrors. Gene swore she could see food too or that could just be her being starving. "Or, you could leave all this here and pick it up when we take over the world!" Mal finished, sarcasm clear, as she dropped the phone back on the bed. "You sound just like your mom," Evie had stopped applying lip gloss as she spoke. Mal smirked for smiling wasn't in her skills or, in fact, her vocabulary. "Thank you," She placed a hand on her heart as Gene shook her head.

Not a compliment.

"You do it your way and I'll do it mine," Jay responded before walking away. Gene looked more closely at the game Carlos was playing before she properly took in the room. The dark blue walls, the TV on the wall and the round table in the middle. Her eyes fell on the two beds and she got up slowly before jumping on one. It was just as comfy and perfect as the girls' ones. She sighed, content, while the others continued to talk. "Die, suckers!" Carlos shouted to the game he was playing, "Jay, come check this thing out. Man, It's awesome," Jay went over, almost immediately, and began playing the game. He was enjoying it just as much as Carlos did, Gene smiling slightly at the two.