Family day

The four VKs walked into goodness class, the Gothel girl shaking out her hands as her mind raced

The four VKs walked into goodness class, the Gothel girl shaking out her hands as her mind raced. Ever since the date, she hasn't been feeling too good, the promise of lying to Ben taking its toll on her. She wanted to make the other VKs proud, didn't want to disappoint her mother but in all honesty, she wasn't cut out for being evil. Mind still racing, hands slightly shaking, she looked round the room with her brows brought together in concentration. Gene saw a TV at the front and it was then that she knew something was up. "Children, excuse me. Um, as you know, uh, this Sunday is family day here at Auradon Prep. And because your parents can't be here due to, uh, distance, we've arranged for a special treat," The Fairy Godmother pulled the TV forward slightly, not quite catching Gene's terrified expression, and turned it on. "I don't see anything, nor do I hear," Maleficent's face filled the TV only to be replaced by Mother Gothel's.

"Kids!" The Fairy Godmother beckoned the children over and all of them approached cautiously. "Is it... is it... is..." Mother Gothel struggled as she looked round the screen. Gene felt sick as she saw her mother's face. "Press enter," Jafar said and Gene saw Jay's posture immediately change. "Can I please see a remote? Is this thing on? Ugh, It's broken," Maleficent said in defeat but she continued to press a button. "Ugh! I hate electronic equip... Oh!" Mother Gothel's face changed from disgust to surprise before the Evil Queen butted in.

"Evie, It's mommy. Oh! Look how beautiful. Oh, you know what they say, the poison apple doesn't fall far from the tree," Evie smiles faintly at her mother as Gene's gaze refused to leave the ground. "Don't you mean the weeds?" Gene and Mal listened to their mothers cackle at the not so funny joke. "Ooh! Who's the old bat?" Cruella joined and Gene turned to the Fairy Godmother mouthing 'Sorry,'. Mal stepped forward, "This is Fairy Godmother," Mother Gothel had a smirk on her face as Maleficent started. "Still doing tricks with eggplants?" She questioned tauntingly before cackling. "I turned a pumpkin into a beautiful carriage,"

"You really couldn't give Cinderella till one A.M.? I mean, really. What, the hamsters had to be back on their little wheels?" Mother Gothel continued only to see her daughter clench her fists. "They were mice! They were not... they were mice. They were not..." their teacher was quick to defend and Gene took her hands leading her away, "Thank you so much. Thank you," she said and the woman only responded, "They were mice,"

"Hi mom," Mal tried to change the topic and Maleficent bought it. All the VKs and the Fairy Godmother noticed the glare of hatred Mother Gothel was giving her daughter. "Mal! I m-m-miss you," she struggled to say before Jafar decided to get his word in, "You children are never far from our thoughts,"

"I got it," Mal answered as Mother Gothel chose to speak to her child. "How long must mommy wait to see you?" She asked Gene too sweetly. The girl gulped before almost whispering the answer. "Um, there's a big coronation coming up. I think sometime probably after... that," she looked at her mother's black, beady and heartless eyes. "When?" Mother Gothel's hands slammed into the table and Gene very visibly flinched. "Friday, 10 A.M," she answered quickly and when her mother's face twisted into a scowl full of hatred the girl began to worry. "You sure I can't see you before that? I don't know what I'll do If I don't get my hands on that magic wan... you... you little nugget that I love so much," Mother Gothel started with a harsh voice she gritted out her teeth till she saw the Fairy Godmother who was standing to one side watching in worry for the young girl. "Yes, I understand,"