Love Spell

The girls and Carlos sat in the girls' dorm, Gene sitting next to Carlos with Dude in the middle

The girls and Carlos sat in the girls' dorm, Gene sitting next to Carlos with Dude in the middle. She was just stroking Dude and pulling stupid faces at the dog to make him excited, even blowing in his face every now and then making him go crazy. sometimes Carlos would pull a stupid face too and Gene would end up giggling at him and he would end up hitting her on the head with a pillow while Mal told the two to stop. The door suddenly opened and Jay walked in sporting a tourney jersey. As he walked in, Jay gestured to his top, "Yo-ho-ho!" Gene clapped his hands and Carlos cheered, "Hey!" Jay held his hand out to Gene as he passed, the girl high-fiving it. The two had become closer over the past few days, the boy not being as intimidating as she first thought. She had been at the boys' dorm a lot since Evie had insisted on making her new outfits and she wasn't allowed to see any before they were done. She had even promised Gene little red and gold and pink and to use maybe some yellow since it was the girl's favourite colour.

Jay walked over to Mal's bed and looked at the stressed girl, eyebrow going up as he watched her furiously flick through pages, "Did your plan work with Jane? Are you going over to see the wand?" Mal looked at the boy, clearly beyond frustrated. She sat up slightly, glaring at him, Gene happy she wasn't Jay, "Do you think that I would be going through every single spell in this book, if I hadn't completely struck out?" Gene looked at Jay, who hid his laugh at the annoyed face she pulled his way. In the time that they had been at Auradon, Gene had gotten close to all the other VKs. Mal wasn't exactly thrilled to talk to the girl at first but they tolerated each other. The other three treated her like they'd been friends for years. "Oh, someone's in a bad mood," Carlos said and Gene just laughed at him, knowing he'd screwed up the second he opened his mouth. "My mom's counting on me! I can't let her down!" Mal flicked the back of Carlos' head and that only made Gene laugh harder.

"We can do this," Jay suddenly blurted out, the rest looking at him as if he were ill. Since when was Jay ever okay with working in a team? "If we stick together," he said more calmly and Gene nodded as did the others, the mood changing when they remembered why they were there. "And we won't go back until we do. Because we're rotten..." Mal said looking at the rest who (except Gene) answered, "To the core," The Gothel girl only stared at the others as if they all grew another head, confused as to why they all said that. "It's a thing we say," Carlos whispered to the girl, who just nodded and went back to messing around with Dude, deciding not to dwell on it.

Evie suddenly spoke up from her place at the table, "Oh, yeah, I found out that fairy godmother blesses Ben with the wand at coronation and we all get to go. I have nothing to wear, of course," She was seriously considering that being her biggest question before she paused at everyone's shocked stares, "What?" Gene sighed at how oblivious Evie was to the valuable  information she just shared but before any of them could point it out, a knock rang out through the room. "Hold that thought," Mal got up and just after she passed Gene, Dude jumped at the brunette who screamed whilst falling backwards. She laughed as Mal opened the door, the prince standing there and beginning to talk, "Hey. I didn't see you guys today. I was just wondering If you had any questions or anything... That... you needed..." his eyes immediately fell on the girl that was laying on the floor with the dog licking at her face while she laughed. He slowed down as he spoke and Gene turned to him before blushing in embarrassment.