The Museum

"Guys! Do I have to remind you what we're all here for?" Mal shouted as her eyes scanned the others

"Guys! Do I have to remind you what we're all here for?" Mal shouted as her eyes scanned the others. "Fairy Godmother, blah, blah, blah. Magic wand, blah, blah, blah," Jay joked, carrying on with his game as Evie and Carlos laughed at his comment. Gene, however, sat at the edge of the bed, silent. "Mal's right," she whispered out, causing all laughter to stop. They faced her, all three frowning at how jittery the girl now was. "Yeah, Gene, I am. This is our one chance to prove ourselves to our parents. To prove that we are evil and vicious and ruthless and cruel. Yeah?"

"Yeah," The four answer as they nod. Mal nodded with a sense of power. She held her hand out to her side, "Evie, mirror me," Evie rushed to Mal's side and spoke to her mirror, giddy smile on her face. "Mirror, mirror on the... in my hand, where is fairy godmother's wand... stand?" She giggled slightly at her error. An image of the wand appeared on the small gold hand mirror. "There it is!" Mal said as Gene began to approach the four, still cautious. She stood a good distance due to her not knowing them that well but also because she didn't want to be a part of this. Carlos looked at the wand but shook his head, "Zoom out," Evie nodded slightly and brought the mirror close to her lips. "Magic mirror, not so close," Gene rolled at they way it was almost a whisper, why was her voice so quiet? An image of the world came up this time. She carried on speaking with more volume now, "Closer. Closer. Closer," Carlos growing bored pointed behind him to the game, staring at all their expressions as he spoke, "Can I go back to my game? I'm on level three," Mal put her hand up as she spoke, grabbing everyone's attention, "Stop! It's in a museum. Do we know where that is?" the sign to somewhere was now shown.

Gene watched this all take place from the sidelines. The four were a perfect group of friends. They fitted together like a puzzle and she was just there. That leftover piece that you sometimes find. The one that was put into the wrong box. Nobody ever knew how or why someone did it but they just had. And nobody seemed to care, it was just thrown away or forced to be in the box once more. Gene was that piece. God, how she hated being that piece. The girl would give everything to fit in with someone. To have someone consider her as a friend and to be there for her whenever she felt the world suffocating her. Someone who would hold her and say everything was going to be okay. "2.3 miles from here," whilst the girl was in her own thoughts, Carlos had managed to pull it up on a screen. Everyone left the room, well almost everyone. "Come on, Carlos!" Mal whisper shouted over her shoulder, Gene glancing behind when she noticed he wasn't following. A faint "Coming!" was heard as they saw Carlos catch up to them.

🍫

The Museum of Cultural History. That was where they had ran, Gene trailing behind from never really running before. Perks of never leaving the house. She felt like she couldn't breathe when she reached where everyone already was. Not like they cared though. "Come on. Check your mirror," Mal spoke to Evie who quickly began to panic. She searched through her bag, hands frantically hitting things around as she looked. "Is my mascara smudged?" Her mirror was in front of her face in seconds as she stared at her reflection. "Yeah. And, hey, while you're at it, why don't you see If you can find us the wand?" Mal asked slightly sassy though Evie didn't notice. Instead she nodded to herself and quickly got the mirror to show the directions. "Sure. This way," she led the way, still staring at her mirror. Gene sighed at the thought of more exercise. She was lagging behind but the others still didn't notice or they just didn't care. They arrived at a door, a few priceless artifacts that surrounded the room on the other side. In the middle however was a security guard with lots and lots of monitors surrounding him from all the security cameras.